Was it a bad move?

So I confessed to a guy I liked over text (am too scared to say it in real life). He also told me that he likes me back. But when my friends asked him why he hasn't asked me out yet he said that he wasn't ready for a relationship yet. SO I kinda got rejected there, but then again I never asked him out I just confessed my feelings towards him. Should I just move on now or what? I honestly dont know what to do at the moment and am stuck. And I was wondering, Is he going to move on from me or get stuck like me as well?

Did you think it was a bad move? I'm afraid this affected our friendship badly >.<

What Guys Said 1

• one thing that comes to my mind when someone likes you but doesn't want a relationship might mean they like you as a friend. or they could be comfortable around you. this sounds challenging though

What Girls Said 1

• I dont think it was a bad move at all, you put yourself out there and that's freaking awesome. go you, most guys love that. I do think you should get over any guy who says he isn't ready for a relationship. because he simply is not ready for a relationship. there's no need to be weird about it, on both your part and his, stay friends if you want.