Is baldness in a young guy a dealbreaker for attracting young women?

I'm an 18 year old guy who has some premature balding, it came on when I got medical exhaustion a while back and my body cut nutrients to non essential functions, (nails stopped growing etc) anyway normally the hair recovers but in my case it made it vulnerable to DHT the testosterone that causes baldness at an old age, now I'm not fully bald or receding really just thin all over so I opted to shave it, to the skin, so when I say I'm bald I mean Howie Mandell skin shaven head. People say it looks good on me. (Surprising as I'm a paler guy more on the slender side, but I've even had a friends girlfriend tell him 'I am worried because I don't think you'll pull it off as good as(insert my name here)-I couldn't even imagine him with hair.' When he asked if she would care if he shaved it. People say I look 21-22 who don't know me so it hasn't aged me, thanks to the baby face, and I really viewed it as something some girls wouldn't like but most wouldn't care about or even would like if I pursued them. However my confidence plummeted when I read on hairloss forums guys saying that being bald young is kryptonite to young women, you can forget about having an attractive young girlfriend, you'll have to severely lower standards if you want to date etc. And they used to pull all the girls and now nothing, I've never had a legit girlfriend and admit looks do matter I have decently high standards and girls do too, so will this make dating harder, and is it a dealbreaker for most young women? Please be honest and picture if one approached you at a party or on the street before you answer.

• Shaved bald head is no big deal, it can be attractive and I could date a guy with it who was young
  • It would be difficult to get past but I might be able to
  • Sorry my guy needs hair

Most Helpful Guy

• "However my confidence plummeted when I read on hairloss forums guys saying that being bald young is kryptonite to young women, you can forget about having an attractive young girlfriend, you'll have to severely lower standards if you want to date etc."

I'm not trying to be condescending toward anyone here, but never ever take dating advice from men on the Internet. Especially ones that are chronically unsuccessful with women.

A lot of them are convinced that some arbitrary personal trait they've got has unfairly blackballed them with women ("it's because I'm bald!" "It's because I'm not rich!" "It's because I'm nice to them!").

If you're a good person, you care about your body and your health, and you are fun and have passions, then you can date with lots of pretty women. That's all there is to it, man.

• Well I'm kinda chronically unsuccessful 19 and never really been on a date, yeah most my life was in a small town with crappy options but I still pursued and got rejected plenty. Many say they used to get a lot of attention from pretty girls but now have to settle for bottom of the barrel. I hope my life goes different because I can't lower my standards just because follocles are gone

What Girls Said 3

• Dude come on. There's a featured question question where most of the comments are saying there's no problem with being bald. Embrace your baldness! BE the baldness! Confident guys are always attractive so don't worry about it.

http://i.giphy.com/vsTgERxJNfRyU.gif

• I think guys with short hair or shaved heads look more mature and kinda sexy.

• Lol that's no prolem, and know you aren't alone. My boyfriend started balding at 22, he now has a sexy bald head with a great beard might I add. Don't wait until you barely have any hair to cut it, just go ahead and take the plunge!

What Guys Said 0