Have you ever dated a guy/girl and realized he's not what you wanted?

Have you ever started dating someone who you were interested in at first but after a while you realize he's not meant for you? You realize you don't have feelings for him and you are no longer interested? How do you get out of it without hurting them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this happens to almost everyone. This is precisely what the "dating process" is for. To see how you two are compatible.

Don't feel guilty. :)

• Ok, I think I feel that way because I know this guy really likes me yet I still have feelings for someone else. I feel that maybe I shouldn't have dated while I wasn't fully over him.

• To be honest u shouldn't have dated this guy if u weren't over the previous guy. Consider it a lesson learned... and don't do it again. Or you will get a spanking. :)

What Guys Said 2

• yuup, plenty of times. well i don't have to get out of anything, its just dating.

• if you don't feel it, they probably don't really feel it either. just tell the truth, say things aren't going so well and you want to break up

• He is feeling it though, which makes me feel bad because he's a nice guy but I have feelings for someone else.

What Girls Said 3

• yes. at that point I broke up with them.

• ... this isn't entirely true, I usually wait trying to figure out if I'm sure and probably break up in the next 2-4 weeks.

• That's my method as well

• Yes, I just say I have to focus on school and maintain my gpa. seems to work.

• Ooh yes. I dont do anything for that i dont text him back :)