Why would a man lie about his age and say he's younger?

Went on a date couple of days ago. The guy was very successful, as he had his own business and is a professor. I had googled him prior to our date and found out that he was 34 (said it on several sites)

Now, when I asked him how old he was he said he was 32 and said there was only an eight gap between us. I'm 24 at the moment.

Why would a guy lie about his age on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women get insecure about their age all the time. Men are human and we have many of the same insecurities that women do. While he shouldn't have lied his reason should be clear. The reason he lied is because he is insecure about the age gap. There is no deeper answer to that.

Just look at how some of the women giving answers are over reacting. They act like he is old enough to be your father, and that his is pervert for wanting to date you. Can you really blame a guy for not wanting to be thought of as a pervert, just for liking a girl 10 years younger? I don't agree with him lying, but I think his insecurity is understandable.

I dated a woman that was 10 years older than me, and it really bothered her way more than it bothered me. People feel insecure and it makes them do stupid stuff sometimes. It isn't a big deal. It is just one of those things we need to learn to deal with. We also have to accept that often they do get judged by others for dating us, and we should be sensitive about that.

What Guys Said 7

• Women are sometimes proud to date older men but guys sometimes worry about judgment from people about the girl being too young. Maybe that's why?

• Hmm maybe :) thanks for your input

• Cause younger girls see older as to old for them when age shouldn't matter.
    He figures the bigger gap in age the less chances he has with you.
    Guys mostly want younger woman.
    Young , sweet , innocent so we can train them to be our little play toys.
    Kidding ^^^^ well kinda

• I personally think its a waste of time to lie about age... but maybe thought you wouldn't consider him at his age.

• He was afraid that you would think the age gap was too much

• Cause your 24, he doesn't wanna seem to old for you

• So he basically did it to seem more desirable in my eyes?

• Yeah, I have done it before. I told my fiancĂ© I was older then I am because she is older then me

• I feel like I read this before

• Because he thought you'd think his age would be a turn-off. The funny thing is, in most cases, girls like older guys because they're more successful and more confident with women. One of my best female friends told me that a guy's age didn't matter to her as long as he was strong and vibrant. There's a professor at my college that all the girls like, and he's in his 40s.

What Girls Said 2

• Because he can and because she is gullible.

I know such a guy. He likes to pick up 16-19 yr olds.

• Why do you think? Bc he's almost old enough to be your father. It's kind of pathetic for him to be dating someone the age of his students. He's old compared to you that's why he lied obviously.

Did your dad neglect you or something?

• 10 year olds are having babies now? what has this world come to

• Exactly since when did 10 year olds have kids lol? No, my dad didn't neglect him. I'm old enough to decide myself as I'm 24. But thought it was strange that he lied about the two years instead of telling me the truth.

• Nah, nothing pathetic about it. If two people like each other, that's all that counts. Society's judgments are irrelevant when it comes to love between a woman and a man.