How do I treat a woman?

How do i treat a woman in a way she would want to be treated? Do i do the traditional gentlemanly things or are those things considered semi sexist today? If i should be a gentleman what kind of things should i do? Should i pull chairs for her, and get up when she gets up at a table or does that go to far? How should i make sure i treat her as an equal but also be gentlemanly to her?

If thair any feminist reading this i would really like to get your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, it's VERY important for you not to go over the top.
    I'd say slow down on the "gentlemanly" things.

Opening doors for her is fine. Giving her your jacket is probably too much, unless she already likes you a lot. Don't get up for her.

Well what I mean is, so far, I've been way more successful NOT acting gentlemanly (aside from opening doors, which is normal for me), than when I tried gentleman moves. The girl I treated as a gentleman ended up telling me she was used to guys treating her like shit.

Anyway, I think acting gentlemanly won't win over the girl for you.
    I think you're safe with just opening doors, escorting her back to her car or to the subway, you could tell her you'll escort her to her place, make sure she gets home safe, that kind of stuff.

But that's just my experience, maybe some other people had more luck with that kind of thing.

Good luck

What Girls Said 6

• You ask her how she would like to be treated, then treat her that way.

• Be sweet and nice, girls like guys that are nice and sweet. (well most does) Pull out a chair, open a door, take her on dates, and when she tells you her problems at least pretend to listen. XP

• Just do it! If she isn't comfortable then limit it a bit

• open doors give her your jacket pull out her chair for her. be nice

• Depends on whether she's a feminist or not. Some

• Pulling chairs and so is fine , but it's not everything.
    To be a gentleman listen carefully to her talks , try to interact with them ,
    Show respect all the time but don't talk about that , which means instead of saying "I respect you" because it would seem silly , just RESPECT her wants , ask her if she likes the place or not so you look for another one , ask her what kind of things that she would like to do.
    If you have a sister you can talk about her , try to mention a situation that shows how you respect her and then she will know that you do respect all women and treat them as an equal.
    But always remember not to be OVER or to seem like you act , just be yourself and be polite.
    Trust me , it won't just make her respect you as a man , it will also make her very interested in you!

What Guys Said 5

• I guess chivalry ain't completely dead, lord knows many women have tried to kill it. Its nice to know there are still more guys out willing to do things like that. You can do all that and more but I will say this, just watch whom you do it for.

• If she's really sensitive to the whole feminist movement, which I'm pretty familiar with, there's not much gentlemanly stuff you can do. For example, holding the door open for someone is often a display of dominance (got that from a documentary about body language of world leaders). Even acting like a gentleman is itself very mildly sexist because it relies on the man to put on an act with the girl as the reward. For random stuff like that, I'd say do whatever you'd do if you wanted to be nice to a stranger. Other than that, be yourself and show affection through conversation and attention. That's probably enough.

• Just do nice things for her that aren't ridiculous. Some are outdated. i. e. I'll open her car door for her when we are getting in the car but I don't do that when we're getting out. That's just ridiculous and awkward since you get out walk around the car to open her door. The whole time she's just awkwardly sitting there.

• With respect and like a gentleman. Pulling out chairs is good, holding doors, other than that ask her how she would like to be treated

• Treat women how they deserve to be treated.