Would you date a girl with a physical disability?

I have Cerebral Palsy, even though I have this disability I still think I'm rather lucky due to the fact that my condition could be a lot worse. A lot worse. Many people suffering with cerebral palsy cannot even walk and find a lot of everyday tasks difficult. Where as when I was born my right leg muscles were not fully working and I wasn't walking until I was two when my mum noticed something was wrong.
I basically walk ''funny'' because of my right leg muscles, my speech everything else is fine. I have had 4 surgeries on my right leg to loosen my leg muscles and try to improve them but there's only so much they can do.
Would you date someone like this? would you be embarrassed to be seen in public with me because of how I walk? Would the countless appointments and physio therapy put you off? I want honest opinions thank you. :)

• yes
  • no
  • maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• wow I truly really really admire that..

"even though I have this disability I still think I'm rather lucky due to the fact that my condition could be a lot worse. A lot worse."

that is so fucking optimistic.. that alone yes I would date a girl with a physical disability. she seems pure awesome and I would love getting to know her.

What Guys Said 17

• I actually did date a girl who was paralyzed below the legs.
    She was pretty awesome, although also slightly nuts (she wasn't mentally disabled, just a little crazy). I thought she was HOT and she had a personality that really matched mine.

I would personally say yes, but I think you can probably split people into several groups:
    -Some people aren't bothered about a disability and will not let it put them off dating you.
    -Some people would be slightly bothered by a disability, however if they fell in love with you or were attracted to you then wouldn't be able to resist.

My advice:
    -Ensure you are as good looking as possible. (I just glanced at your profile picture, and if that's you then you are gorgeous!)
    -When you meet people, ensure they get a dose of your personality (those who are not immediately physically attracted to you may find they really click well with your personality).

I'd also like to say, in response to: "I still think I'm rather lucky due to the fact that my condition could be a lot worse". I am really glad you recognise this - I know having a disability is hard, but I wish my ex could have looked at life this way.
    Sounds like you might already have an awesome personality :), I wish you luck and happy valentines day!

• Looking further at your question, if the only symptom of your disability is that you walk slightly differently then really you have virtually no problem. Some guys might actually find your different walk kind of cute (I would!).

• Sure. Any physical disability won't necessarily change your personality, which is the important thing.

• Is that really you in your profile pic? If so, you will never have a problem dating a decent guy. It looks like your eyes are sparkling, and that means you have a sparkling personality

• Yes it is haha I can show you more pictures of me I don't think I can show more than one picture at once :-)

• No probs. Your profile pic tells it all.

• I answered yes to whether I'd date a girl like you. That simply would not matter to me. But I wasn't sure if your yes/no/maybe was referring to if I'd be embarrassed or put off. Because those would be no

• I don't make my decisions based on other people's opinions. So, I wouldn't find it "embarrassing".

If your only problem is that you walk funny, I don't think that would put me off.

• Besides, you look good. I don't think anyone would be "embarrassed" to be seen with you.

Perhaps, just briefly explaining it to the people you meet would be of benefit.

• what's a cerebral psy basically?

• No I wouldn't.

• Well, there's no doubt that you're very pretty. But yeah, if I liked the girl I would date her. I would try my best to support her while I'm at it too.

• I'd date an attractive woman who had cerebral palsy. You're an attractive woman, and i'd totally date you.

• Yes I would.

• i would especially want to date girls like that because its nice when you can support someone 100%🙌

• I would date a person who had a disability! :)

• If I was attracted to her, I'd date her. I'd go with her to all of her appointments.

• If i loved her nothing will stand in our way,

• to be honest, no.

• Answer is yes it is just about the character.

• I probably would, as long as its just her being in a wheel chair

• I mean you look hot so yes.. I wouldn't care about the public.

What Girls Said 3

• My best friend has Cerebral Palsy and she uses a crutch to help her walk. She's had more boyfriends than me and guys don't seem to "care" about her condition when they're out. They haven't been put off by all of her appointments either. There may be a few guys here or there that wouldn't want to date you based on that, but think of it as a good thing because they're not the kind you would want anyway! The majority of guys (at least that I know) won't even think of it as something to be bothered by. Just keep being you!

PS. you are absolutely stunning and a guy would be crazy to not want to date you!

• Your positivity is inspiring!

• i don't think that it would matter as long as the person is nice and has a good personality.