Do good looks in guys substitute for poor social skills?

Since I can't get past the first conversation with a girl and never gotten any phone numbers, I'm going to start losing some weight and gaining a little muscle so girls will initially see me as attractive so this can help me move past the social wall.

I'm too shy to flirt or tease a girl which is why I suffer in the dating world. But looks can compensate initially, repeat INITIALLY, which means I can achieve the milestone of getting a date, something which I never had before in my life.

Looks lead to a girl's admiration
A girl's admiration leads to better Confidence
Confidence leads to More dates

Most Helpful Guy

• i think good-looks can make-up for lots of things basicallly

What Girls Said 3

• They don't substitute for one another because they're two totally different things.

Being attractive is always good.

Not having good social skills hinders you. Of course, if you're attractive, not quite as much as it would if you were unattractive. But if you're considered unattractive by most people you're not gonna do so well anyway.

I'm shy, so shy guys and me don't mix well. Neither of us would every do anything.

• It might help because you'll be more confident and that's attractive. This actually happens to quite a few people. I say go for it.

• Hmmm... Well.. That might help but... Most girls look at different things. How you treat female family members. Are you steady (have a job versus playing video games all day) hobbies. Are you kind to other in general etc...

What Guys Said 4

• Speaking from experience. Initially it helps. I was once fat and shy. 7 years later after grinding the gym my physique is on point. I get girls grabbing my arms feeling my abs but I soon realised a few years ago this means nothing if you can't hold a conversation. now I have put effort into improving my social skills and speaking with girls and now I have 10 times more success with girls and its all down to developing social skills not my looks or body. If you invest all this time into the gym its good for your health and confidence but dont expect a girl to drop her panties because you have abs and 18inch biceps because your have a quick wake up call. I would suggest developing your social skills as well as improving your appearance. If you can make a girl laugh and show her a good time then she will be more impressed with that than a cover model physique, of course if you can do both then you will have them lining up. good luck

• If she's confident, yes. If she's not so confident, it's an even bigger repellent because you intimidate her.

• Even with good look, you still need to have some kind of social skill bro.

I have good news, feeling handsome will definitely give you a boost in confidence, which will help you talk to girl more easily and even be comfortable enough to flirt/tease them.

Remember, getting dates is only the first step, if you can't keep a conversation with her, her interest level in you will quickly dwindled. You might win the battles, but you lost the war.

• The opposite actually, unless you're a 10/10