Girls, what 'pet' names do you like to be called?

If you had a SO what pet names would you want them to call you? Which are acceptable and which arent? I mean common ones, not stuff like 'schnookums' or anything like that lol. Or if you HAVE a SO, what pet names do they call you? And do you like them or not?

Also, would you call a SO pet names? Please give examples of pet names that you would call them. Thanks!

Let me list the ones i had in mind. Please tell me which ones you like, and which ones you don't:

Babe
Baby
Sweetie
Sweetheart
Honey
Love
Princess

Do you dislike any of these? These are the only ones i can think of besides dear and darling, but i don't like either of those
I'd like to add to the list:

Cutie
Sexy
Precious
..."kitty" lol

111

Most Helpful Girl

• Cutie yesss
    Sexy NEVER. THIS IS A NO NO
    Precious maybe
    ..."kitty" it's overrated

Babe I love it
    Baby it's okay
    Sweetie it's okay
    Sweetheart it's okay
    Honey it's okay
    Love I love it
    Princess I love it

• That's really helpful. Thank you for sharing!

• My Salsa!
      My boyfriend calls me that because he loves eminem lol

What Girls Said 110

• Babe - can sometimes come across as insincere, depends on your relationship. Depends who says it to me and how.

Baby - can sometimes come across as patronising, depends on your relationship. Depends who says it to me and how.

Sweetie Sweetheart Honey Love Princess Cutie Precious
    Yes to all the above

Sexy - not quite as endearing, but if it fits the mood and situation, can be ok. I wouldn't personally like it as a regular pet name.

..."kitty" - for me, em... just no. Never. Maybe that's just me and coz I don't really like animals haha.

"Petal" can be nice, angel too.

It's one of those things though that really depends on the girl. I generally don't mind pet names and like it - my sister on the other hand can't bear them. Her boyfriend called her babe once, never again haha. Also for me it depends who's saying it. With my ex I always felt he was being genuinely affectionate and it was nice. I know guys though that just use them to talk girls round. It's usually pretty obvious when it's insincere. Also, some guys say it to everyone and it loses its effect, especially when they "honey" and "darling" everyone from a 90 year old to a fish. My advice is use them when you're genuinely being affectionate so you don't over use. WARNING: Handle with care if arguing with the girl- it can come across as patronising.

• Cute things to call a girlfriend/boyfriend
    Sugar
    Honey
    Flour
    Eggs
    1/2 lb butter
    Stir
    Pour into a pan
    Preheat 350 degrees

• Sassy Sasquatch.
    Okay, there's a long story behind that- there was a guy I met about a year ago at a concert that I was performing in with my brother. I said something sassy, then I tripped over my brother who made a comment about how my big feet make me so clumsy. The guy turned around from behind me and called me "Sassy Sasquatch" and, though we've only spoken a few times since, he's referred to me as that ever since. And, believe it or not, it's my favorite nickname to date because this guy actually took the time out to think of something that's just between us and, whenever I hear it, I think of him.

• I call my husband daddy and he calls me mommy, we have kids.
    I use to call him hubby, and he called me wifey.

• Babe-Hmm I'm not sure by this I've never actually being called this.
    Baby-I've always felt like this is a lot more genuine than babe.
    Sweetie-I think it's sweet but I wouldn't like it.
    Sweetheart-I actually like this but not all the time, like it's actually my name.
    Honey-Naaah
    Love-Maybe, whenever heard it though it's always in a cocky way though.
    Princess-If I feel like the relationship is for the long haul then yes.
    Dear-Feels like I'm old and thats not bad I just wouldn't want my partner calling me that
    Darling-Theres always been some sort of elegance associated with this pet name so maybe.
    Cutie-Ohh I hate this, seriously.
    Sexy-Only in the bedroom-I'm not a prude. Haha.
    Precious-It'll always remind me of Lord Of The Rings "My Precious".
    Kitty-Never.

• My personally favourite ones are: kitten, babygirl, sexy, sassy, sweetcheeks, princess or names similar to those

• Babe - Sounds better when said to guys
    Baby - One of my favorites
    Sweetie - I rather hear it when im sick
    Sweetheart - When you're telling me something i might not like
    Honey - Id feel olf
    Love - Very cute but sometimes overused
    Princess - If you're waking me up, goodnight texts, Trying to calm me down

Baby Girl is my favorite though

• Electricity or infection ^_^

• I'm sorry what? Lol

• I am infected with your luvv <3

If somebody overheard that they would probably think i was talking about STDs bahahahah

• I know. That's why it's funny :p.

• Babe. No. Never, unless you want to be slapped.
    Baby. As above.
    Sweetie. Yes
    Sweetheart. Yes
    Honey. ... if I ever get married maybe...
    Love. Yup.
    Princess... eh maybe. If you make me feel like a princess then sure.
    Cutie. Yes
    Sexy. Yes, but not around the parents.
    Precious. If you can convince me of it.
    "kitty" Yes.

• Some of my own:
      Rabbit
      Goose (Don't ask, I just like it)
      Buns
      Kitten
      Miss/Missy
      Chika
      Honey Bunny

• I used to have a friend who decided to nickname me Leah because she could not pronounce my name. I thought that was cute.

• babe and baby -always good
    sexy-perfect if not always
    sweetie-when trying to be nice
    sweetheart-when being heartfelt
    love-all time favorite !!! melts my heart
    honey-fine
    princess-not for me at all

new ones i like
    -my girl or my lady
    -little hottie
    -gorgeous/beautiful
    -( i know you said you didn't like it but i love darling)

• Babygirl
    Princess
    Sweetie
    Sweetheart
    Honey
    Kitten
    Precious
    Cutie
    Babe
    Baby
    (anything sweet) lol

• My boyfriend calls me sweetie/sweetheart, babe, love, and beautiful. He only likes it if I call his name or hun/honey.

• Haha I call my partner just baby. And he calls me babe.

I want to call him snookemy snookems 🙊 but I don't know. He might laugh for all I know 🙈😂

• I might be weird but I don't really like any of them or variations of my name. I just like when he calls me by my name. truly heaven

• Honestly i just think it's sweet when he gets clever with it. Not just the normal stuff but something that he actually had to get creative with. For example, a play on her name. My name i adagio and it kinda sounds like pistachio, so this he calls me pistachio and it misght sound cheesy but its adorable that he tried finding something that sounded like my name, espessially since its adagio. Apart from that i think beautiful is really sweet.

• I don't mind those pet names except for love and princess. Love is like Shrek and Princess.. well-Shrek lol.
    Honey is calling me a food but I can live with that if my potential SO called me that.
    I actually just like him calling me by my name, simple as that.

• Sweetie,
    My name buy exaggerating the last syllable my name is Hannah so if he says it like Hannahhhh I like that
    Beautiful
    NEVER BABE (my mom calls me that)
    Gorgeous
    Cutie

• "Queen" or
    "Your majesty"

• I HATE being called baby.
    Babe is ok, but still not my favorite.

i have family that already calls me princess. So i wouldn't mind my SO calling me princess but it wouldn't be much of a pet name.

Sweety/sweet heart and honey are alright.

I think love and darling is very endearing.

• Why don't you like 'baby'? Just curious 😛

• Oh i see. Well i never used it like that. Whenever i call a girl "baby" i mean it in a very endearing, loving way.

• Id rather be called babe than baby

• Goblin. JK
    Bubble, Cupcake, Cutie, Boobleek (a slavic snack I like the name of)
    www.google.com/search

• Babe... yes
    Baby... No
    Sweetie... yes
    Sweetheart... Yes
    Honey... yes
    Love... no
    Princess... Yes hahaha
    Cutie... yes
    Sexy... no, well yes but in private only
    Precious... no
    ..."kitty" lol... uhhh maybe haha

• You don't like love? Your the first person who has said that! (It seems to be the most popular). But just curious, what don't you like about baby?

I'm the opposite- i like baby, but i don't like babe.

• Love and baby sound Linda cheesy lol it makes me want to have an irrational reaction like punching him haha ahh that's terrible. Babe sounds pretty casual.

• Ahhh well alright, suit yourself :P
      But to me, babe just seems insincere. And baby, sounds casual to me. Love also sounds cheesy to me, but I'd call any girl that who liked it.

• Lol most of the time, my BF just uses my name... but then again we're not super touchy-feely.

Sometimes if he wants a new greeting he'll slip something in like "babe". He calls me "kid" and "little girl" sometimes just because he finds it funny, but I actually think it's kind of cute. Probably weird but hey what's normal anyway

• You simply can't go wrong by calling a girl "beautiful" or "gorgeous" it reminds her that you respect her enough not to call her sexy which will only make her think you want sex out of your relationship.

• I like names that have some sort of meaning to us. It doesn't have to be a typical pet name. Just something cute and personal to me/us.

• Everything except Kitty 😐😐😐

• My boyfriend calls me
    babe
    baby
    sweetheart
    babygirl
    princess
    little girl
    kitten
    love

The little girl & kitten are because of the type of relationship im in. Lolol

• All of the above. Plus a couple of other ones.

• I'm not much into pet names, but I love being called beautiful.

• It honestly depends on the lady to whom you are referring! I prefer well thought nicknames that aren't generic, like sweetness, lily, my lovely, honeysuckle, or even a reference from a movie favorite. Bit you should come up with pet names specifically suited to your girl (that way you cab give her a cheesy line as to why that name and get EXTRA brownie points for thinking it through)

• That's great advice! Thankyou!

• More from Girls
    80