Is it acceptable to ask someone out in writing?

I would usually do this verbally but this is for someone at work. I have this fear of getting laughed at by the other coworkers if my invitation isn't accepted. I'd rather keep it quiet to mitigate drama.

Most Helpful Guy

• So... you'd leave a paper trail? No, don't do that. You don't want it photocopied and dispersed in case she goes all high school on your ass, and on top of that, if she decides you're sexually harassing her, she's got some strong evidence against you. Wait for a discrete time and ask verbally.

Do you really want to ask people out at work? :/

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah I think that's fine. Ask her through a text message but make sure you're already having a conversation so you can segue into it. This way you can feel her out based on her responses. You can then mention it again in person if you like.

• Awe that cute!

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say go for it, but only if you can't catch her by herself, or without many others around. I've heard it can be enjoyable for the one receiving it, and is "old-fashioned."