How do you start a friendship with a new guy?

It's this guy in my math class that I think is cute and attracted to. I will like to get to know him and began a friendship with him but I don't know where to start. I'm honestly a socially awkward and I have a difficult time speaking to guys. So what's the do' s and don't' s when speaking to a guy? Also what's the best thing to say to a guy when introducing yourself to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol its more harder for the guy just go talk to him and thats it even if he hardly says anything just keep on repeating until he says he likes guys or gets comfortable with you

What Guys Said 2

• Best thing to say? "Hi my name is (name), what is yours?" and then ask what he likes or if he does any sports, just something you can strike up a conversation about

• He would really, really, really, really like if you went up to him. Being a bit quiet and antisocial myself, I sort of wish my crush could talk to me instead of me talking to her, but she is a quiet person as well.

What Girls Said 1

• Start off by saying nice shoes or something he has on nice. After he responds say hey I'm (name) and after keep it going. Don't say anything rude and smile.