How do I know if he likes me still?

This guy I've known for a while said that he liked me and I also liked him then he was talking to his best mate discussing when he was going to ask me out. A few hours after that chat he told me he would rather be friends at the moment. We haven't talked about it for a while now but I don't know if he still likes me or not,how can I tell?and also should I wait for him to make the first move, if I know he still liked me,or should I just ask him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how you feel... this happened to me before and i said it to him straight up and i said "You said you like me and i like u too so why did u say u were gonna ask me out but then u didn't" and he said the reason i don't wanna go out with you is because we are such good friends and i don't want to ruin that because all my other friends went out with their best friends and now they never speak to each other now and i don't want to that happen with us...

What Guys Said 1

• Ask him. Be proactive. If you want him, find out. If he doesn't want you now , you then deal with that and move on

What Girls Said 1

• He may. Just tell him you're still interested if he is. I also wonder what his "mate" said to him that would lead him to tell you friends would be more appropriate for the two of you.

• Apparently his mate was saying go for it do you think that could have changed his mind in a way?

• No. I thought his mate was saying something more akin to "I wouldn't".

I wonder now why he had a change of heart though... something had to happen.