Me and my friend like the same girl?

So we are both in school. My friend and I like the same girl. We aren't best friends but definitely someone I hangout with and talk to. I like her and I don't think he knows. I found out today he likes her too. I was going to ask her out but I don't want to if it's going to hurt him. I'm just not that kind of a person. I would like some advice on what I should do? Have any of you been in the same situation? Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's compassionate of you to consider your friends feelings.

I would talk to him first, I suppose. Then weigh how much you like this girl vs. how much pain it might cause your friend. Ultimately, unless you were just out for a fling with her and your friend would be devastated, I would probably ask her out.

By the way, it happened to me twice in my life that friends of mine did start dating girls I liked. It hurt like hell. Normally, if I'm rejected I just distance myself. However, I couldn't do that without distancing myself from my friends. I decided it would be awful to lose a friend, so I just had to tough it out. I am still friends with both of them

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe explain to him.

What Guys Said 1

• I've been in that situation before; my good friend and I ended our friendship because of a girl, and she ended up choosing neither of us. Such a waste... Bro's before ho's, always. My advice: let her go. It's not worth jeopardizing your friendship.

• Why did you end your friendship if she dated neither of you?

• We ended the friendship first, then we both pursued her after that. She ended up rejecting both of us.