Why do guys ignore me?

well i'm 16 going on to be a junior, and my school is small. pretty much no guys pay attention to me or just even wanna talk and be friends. it bothers me because i really want to experience having a bf and stuff like my friends. i'm not intimidating, my friends and just random people i talk to tell me without me asking that i'm really nice and just an overall good person. by the way i am average looking but i have seen worse with boyfriends? and i know them they aren't anything wow actually opposite some are pretty mean girls :/ if it helps here's a pic because everyone asks by the way im not lazy eyed lol i was just looking to one side I don't know y : http://i61.tinypic.com/2jfiv6x.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 18 and I just recently graduated from a super small school (I transfered from a normal school) there's about 40 kids max from 9th grade to 12th. In small schools, stuff spreads quicker, and it's not like a big highschool where if you get rejected, you can hide in the crowd and avoid ever seeing that person during a school day. I've done this myself, but I will not go up and talk to girls I find attractive. I don't want them thinking I'm like "every other guy" so I kept to myself. I think the guys are just afraid of rejection so they avoid the situation. At least they aren't the guys who bug the shit out of you and sexual like 80% of the guys I've been in school with. I would go up to THEM and say something. You're not ugly so I doubt that's the case. I bet if you started a conversation with them, you could get them to talk.

What Guys Said 17

• Guys are afraid you'll turn them down if they talk to you, so they're chickening out. Or they think someone as pretty as you won't even notice them. It's boys being afraid and insecure, nothing wrong on your end. As long as you stay friendly, eventually one of the boys will be brave enough to talk to you. Or you can talk to one of them too--nothing wrong with a girl approaching. Just be patient and keep a smile on ;)

• Are you kidding me? You're above average. At least from just your face. You might be a midget or something who know.

You should go for above average guys. Be confident, sweet, funny and a fun girl to be around. That how I'm attracted to my current gf.

• You're actually very pretty. Everyone probably thinks you've had a boyfriend at some point. So just talk to guys, start the conversation, and talk about whatever.

• I'm not gonna look at the picture because of my age and that would just be weird to me.

Since you're in a small school, looks like you're going to have to go outside your school (if geographically possible) to date. I wouldn't put too much into this because dating in HS sucks because minds change soo much at that age.

• your link doesn't work basically...:-/

• Not every guy will fall over backwards for you. Even if you are pretty, or a good person, it all depends on their preferences and if they are too nervous to approach you.

• Can't see the picture.

• Because:
    1. You probably don't act loud and obnoxious like the slutty popular girls.
    2. You don't dress provocatively like the slutty popular girls.
    3. You're not part of the "cool" soon to be failures in life group.

• Can't see pick in tinypic (is it the girl with the skateboard?), in a small school social status normally trumps looks, you may have to look for guys outside of your school.

• You're really pretty. Just go for a single guy you're attracted to.

• Your good looking n only jerks will reject you 😊

• High school is a harsh place, just work to build relationships as close friends and eventually ask them to hang out at like a movie or something.

• don't worry about it. looking at your pic it is more likely that they are intimidated. when women are very beautiful and are also shy men can percieve them as cold. give it time and focus on conveying warmth and freindlyness

• U start talking with them... Share everything... about sex

• They are intimidated by your good looks. Dont worry... the right guy will some day.

• If I was a teenager I would approach you.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Don't worry about it, I've never had a boyfriend. never kissed a guy until I was 19, never made out with a guy until about a month ago... I understand you want experience with a boyfriend, but its not going to work out anyways. I had a class of almost 400 and my entire school had about 1200 people in it. I don't think it matters how big or small your school is. I think you just keep doing what you're doing, and let life happen

• Thats what I'm going through! You are echoing my sentiments lol. Very similar situation. Don't know whats up other than that special someone is out there somewhere : ) And high school is bleh. Guys are immature and it seems that they do what their friends tell them to. If they all are saying that this girl is pretty or cool, then thats what they all seem to go for. Individuality and independent thought is hard to come by in high school sadly.

• Not every girl is going to have a boyfriend (or girlfriend) at 16, even the most beautiful girls (yes like you). I'm 18 and I've still never had one. But just a suggestion... don't say things like "neverrrr" and use proper grammar when trying to ask a question or give an explanation. It just looks more mature and less annoying.

• i have the same problem but i just say take it or leave it because i am who i am im also bi sexual and it can suck because I've been turned down by both genders but i now have a "girl friend" im not saying go bi but just wait someone is crushing on you im almost positive

• you're super pretty and my brother passed by and asked whos that pretty gurl. Anyways lol, I think maybe you should go out more, join clubs and sports so you can meet potential guys and friends. :)

• I'm sure you're looking for opinions from guys, but fyi you are fucking gorgeous. Those guys are stupid.

• Honestly? I have no idea.

You're absolutely beautiful.
    Maybe try approaching guys first?