Is it true that some people are meant to be alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody is "meant" to be alone. Anyone can can have a relationship if they want. All you have to do is find someone compatible with you, share mutual love, and create a strong bond that cannot be broken with fights.

People complain about being lonely and it "being impossible to find a BF/GF" but those are honestly just people who have standards that are too high. Lets face it, EVERYONE wants a 10. 1s want 10s, 5s want 10s, 8s want 10s, but if you are less than a 10 you will eventually find the common sense to settle for less than a 10. Everyone has preferences, but if you can't find someone who matches ALL of your preferences, you will have to make a few sacrifices. Lets say you are looking for a guy with a handsome face, a great body, and a list of many different character traits. Well you may have to sacrifice one of those. You may have to settle for a guy who has a handsome face and the lerfect personality, but is slightly overweight. Or you may have to settle for a guy who has a handsome face, and a great body, but lacks a few character traits that you wanted.

If you realize that not all (in fact most) relationships ate short of perferct, then you will not be alone. If you are having trouble finding a partner, you will either have to better yourself, or lower your standards. The only people that will always be alone are the people who need improvement, but refuse to better themselves OR lower their standards; or poeple who simpy choose to be alone.

• Do you find 1s attractive, Frost_Byt3? Do you think other 1s find 1s attractive?

I know someone who had osteogenesis imperfecta. She was disfigured. She recently died a virgin (she was in her 50s). The only people available to her were people she wasn't attracted to. Due to her condition, she couldn't better her appearance. She could no more find a 1 attractive on a physical level than I can.

Most people can better themselves. Most people can give up SOME things to be with people. However, not all people can better themselves and physically unattractive people do not find other physically unattractive people any more attractive than the rest of us.

• @Blumax
      Well that is really unfortunate :(
      But you know looks aren't everything. At least not to everyone. Your right, i doint anyone was really attracted to her, but there couldve been some people who were willing to sacrifice looks entirely, in order to get a desirable personality. Its rare, but not impossible to find someone like that.

What Guys Said 11

• Nobody is 'meant' to do anything, we aren't born with any purpose, we make our own purpose.

So if you are meant to be alone, it is only because you choose for that to be so. If you don't choose to be alone and your are alone, that is something forced on you, but you can change that

• Well, the phrase, "meant to be alone" implies fate or destiny, which I don't believe in.

However, some people do end up alone. More often than not, this is because they are not making themselves and their lives attractive to other people. Furthermore, some people choose to be alone. Granted, there are some people who, through no fault of their own, are unattractive for various reasons, so much so that they are unlikely to find someone in their lifetime. I believe these people are very rare, however. In fact, I believe most people who think they will be alone can improve themselves and their situation so that they need not be alone for their whole lives.

• no, there is always someone for everyone out there
    unfortunately some people just can't find that person

• No, I don't think there's any pre-disposition or anything for people to be alone. People choose to be alone or there's something social that's preventing them from socializing, whether it be lack of initiative, misread body language or behavior, local culture or social dynamics. People just think that they're predisposed to be alone because they don't understand it, and it's an idea to fall back on.

• Only if they want to be!!

• yup... because i want it that way basically...;-)

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Perhaps, but I hope it's few.

• Sadness...

• Yes it's true

• Yes some people are like that.

• Well perhaps. For every 105 boys born globally there are only 100 girls, so there's not really someone for everyone as they say... (Assuming girls are no less likely to be gay than guys.)

• And of course some people are just plain weird.

What Girls Said 6

• according to the bible yes. there are people who has no dick or unable to have sex. or some people choose to be alone. I choose to be alone but it's hard. I end up exploding but then all the people come to me is such an assholes. I might as well submit myself to the situation but it's still hard. I think we all are alone eventually. According to the bible it's better to be alone. but it takes time to build that level. what if you have everything like looks, style, money, big house and perfect education, you won't need nobody. you are happy just as you are and there is no envy but envious people all the time. Everything else is lie. People pretend that they are ok alone because they want to make money out of it. it's bull shit. they are such a whore and they are sleeping with tons of women and men and they are all shit. You have to know what's inside and choose to be either way not because you see what others do because they all lie outside.

• Depends on the person. Some want to be alone, some are too picky, some never put themselves out there, others have their own insecurities, etc. So, I guess in a way they are meant to be alone cause of the way they are.

• no there is somebodey out there for someone but sometimes people have a hard time with finding someone and handling a reletionship

• I believe when it comes to love that you are mostly likely fucking up your relationships or your doing something wrong if you haven't found the person you love til the day you died. But I also believe some people should be alone for various reasons.

• Yeah, i think its true.

• Yes and I choose to live alone.