Boyfriend like red heads. Why is he dating me than?

My bf likes redheads.He likea freckles.Im not a redhead.I dont have freckles.I have brown hair,brown eyes and fair skin.Knowing that he likes redheads makes me feel awful about myself:(If he likes red heads,why is he dating me?!

Most Helpful Guy

• I love red heads and I like freckles too , but that doesn't mean he doesn't want you. His preferences may include redheads with freckles but that doesn't mean he can't love and date you. So don't feel sad there's nothing wrong with him liking women that look like that , don't you look at or like different men that isn't in the same category or type of man as your bf? Like an actor or model even you can have a man of preference so do you?

• Thanks for your answer! I do but i dont really care about a guys hair color/eyecolor. So you wouldn't date a pretty brunette with a great body?

• Thanks for the mho & hell yeah I would Lol

What Guys Said 11

• Because he loves you
    Plus looks aren't everything

• All guys have a preference, very few actually care when they meet someone they really like. The girl I like now is the total opposite of my usual preference, but its her personality I see first.

• most people are typically not attracted to just one type of person. he obviously likes you, else he wouldn't be with you.

like your BF, I have a major thing for redheads as well as japanese girls, but i wouldn't not date a girl if she wasn't japanese or had red hair.

• I know how it feels. I'm blonde, and my ex GF said she really liked guys with dark hair (as do 90% of the fucken female population), and it made me really insecure for no reason. She apologized and told me that hair color doesn't really matter, but tbh i wish she never said anything in the first place.

I think he shouldve kept that to himself.

• there's a difference between "preference" and "must haves."

There's nothing to feel aweful about in my opinion.

The more important thing to focus on is that he's with you. I know you said that your fear is that he'll leave you for a gal with those characteristics. Has he given reason for you to think this?

• I like red necks too... and freckles too...
    But he is with you.. you don't have to feel bad... its just his preference...

• Because he loves you and just has a preference. Because you give him what no redhead can and that's happiness.. be happy he's open enough to admit to you his preferences

• I heard that most girls like guys with big hands, so how on earth do I have a girlfriend with these puny little twigs I call fingers?

• Awe well you need communicate with him and find out what's up with him

• The honest reason: Because he can't get a redhead atm

The sheer unavailability of women means that most men settle for something less than their ideal.

• Preferences are just that--they aren't deal breakers. It would seem you have the more important things that he's looking for (probably beyond just the physical too). No need to feel threatened or insecure.

What Girls Said 6

• You are reading WAAAAY to much into this.

If he didn't like you, he wouldn't waste his time with you. Obviously you can offer him something no other woman can.

Just because someone may have a "type" in terms of physical appearance, doesn't mean you are also not his type. He's obviously physically attracted to you if he's with you... and depending on how he treats you, he either cares about you as well. Why pass you up for a red-head when you are the total package?

• Aw thanks for your answer. I just get so insecure and even cry sometimes. It's like if a redhead came his way he would totally drop me and go to her:(I am attractive but knowing im not really someones type really hurts:(

• I like platinum blondes with limitless legs, blue eyes, killer abs and DD boobs... but I'll have won the lottery if I nail that lol! We all like different things but realistically it's who we run into and fall for that we end up being with :) It's you he wants, your personality, your company, with your brown hair and fair skin, okay? :)

• Wow !! Awesome comment !! Amazing.

• Aw thank you @AshBrown :)

• You should be an inspirational speaker. Also someone to teach people (including myself) to be grateful for what we have.

• How often does he bring it up? Does he always say that to you? Or he said it once and it just stayed with you? Because if he brings anything like that up them you need to have a serious talk with him because it can be very offended. But if he doesn't say anything like that then stop feeling so insecure about yourself. Obviously he finds you attractive otherwise he wouldn't be with you at all.

• People can be attracted to more than one thing.

• Please...
    I know so many guys who have never dated their physical ideal. It's just how it is.
    Calm down and the more chill you are about it, the less of a big deal it will be.

• And, I forgot to mention, almost ALL girls have never found their physical ideal...
      So I wouldn't worry about it.

• Maybe he likes a variety of different women. I asked myself the same question when I was with a guy who seemed to have an obsession fat short girls and tall skinny girls. I'm short but I'm not fat or skinny. A some point I assumed he takes whatever he could get lol. Don't think about it too much if he didn't like anything about you then yo would not be together. If has different types then he might now be shallow so that's a good thing.