Why do I repel men?

why don't i get approached by guys? what can i do to better myself?
p.s. i am a very shy girl.

thank you everyone for taking your time and responding to my question. i will keep your advice in mind and move forward in life. i tend to be way too shy when it comes to guys on the way. i am not hot.. but okay looking. maybe that's another reason why i don't get approached by guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know anything about you except you are shy, so I will have to assume that is the cause. If you are really shy, then men often will misread your body language. You may just be nervous because you like him, but the guy may take it that you don't feel comfortable with him around because you don't like him. Or if you are too quiet, he may think you aren't interested in talking to him.

What Guys Said 4

• You said you're shy. Maybe some guys don't approach you because they think you won't want to talk to them.

• Depends how you show your shyness. If you're hot and attractive, your shyness can be seen as being snobbish.
    yes this happens. I have a friend who's really gorgeous and outgoing with friends. But when with strangers, she's shy but because she's hot, people think she's judging from afar (from what i heard from 3rd parties)

• What's your attitude like? Meaning, do you go around with a scowl / blank stare on your face? I'm shy as well and I work on it by saying hi to people everyday.

• Because you have used men repellent..

What Girls Said 2

• I think you just answered your own question.

You have to get yourself out there. Go with friends to social gatherings. Learn to interact with people. Wear something flirty.

• Maybe those boys are shy themselves, think you're dating someone, or simply aren't interested.

You can try approaching the guys but since you're shy, you might want to send a friend to see if they're interested in you.