25 year old virgin and I feel disgusted with myself?

25 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend, never had sex, never been kissed, never held hands and never been on a date. Society and friends always tell us males that we need to get with as many girls as possible and being a virgin and never having a girlfriend is the lowest status you can be as a man. I feel ashamed of myself for still being a inexperienced, kissless virgin at my age. Everyone I know has lost their V card already and are in long term relationships and I feel left out of something that is a major part of life. Friends of mine who have absolutley nothing going for them and are not exactly the most attractive seem to have women all over them, yet I don't even get as much as a second look. I feel inadequate and defective.

I will admit I do get nervous around *some* women, not all, but I don't have the faintest idea on how to flirt or chat up girls, it's just not something I've ever been good at. Despite this, women just don't seem to find me attractive. I have attempted to ask women out on dates in the past but they always reject me with the "you're such a nice guy but I like you as a friend" routine. I took the early rejections in my stride but after 15 attempts I decided to give up. It's been nothing but a sting of failures and embarrassment.

From what I hear being inexperianced is a huge turn off for women and I know they would just leave me if I told a girl I was interested the truth, so it's a catch 22 situation. It has effected me that much that sometimes I think maybe I should just shut myself off from the world and go and become a priest and live a life of celibacy, I have also contemplated suicide. My best male friend is the only one who knows about my prediciment and has suggested I hire an escort to get experience, but that costs money, something I don't have much of at the moment.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure yeah, just go to a prostitute or join a hookup site... Tinder, POF and okcupid can accomplish that for you. But I think that what you lack is self-respect. And no amount of hooking up will give you that. I'm 22 and virgin. I could probably change that if I wanted to, but I value purity. Which leads me to: you can't be a priest with such lustful mind (I know you're just joking about that). Focus your energy in building a life for yourself and the rest will come to you.

What Girls Said 4

• There are girls who either like "conquering" a virgin and those who avoid it because they don't want to deal with it. In this case you'd probably have a better chance of finding a dominate woman who would in sense mold you to her liking. In that scenario, she would teach you every thing.

Stop caring if you're a virgin. Just own it. Be like, "yeah so what if I haven't fucked any bitches yet. At least I know I'm clean"

Maybe not those words exactly, but something along those lines. Own who you are. Confidence in yourself is key. Be nonchalant about the fact you may not be experienced as everyone else, but who cares. If you don't care then no one else will.

• Well all guys have to deal with rejection. Just get used to it already cause by closing yourself off you are missing out on the right girl for you

• What is your question?

• you should see out Cougars

What Guys Said 4

• Damn yo you have my sympathy... But just remember girls and dating and having sex is all a numbers game. The chance of you getting one yes out of a hundred no's is very very possible. Just go beast mode, and ask every girl out you see that you like. It'll work trust me

• Relax man. It's cool. At least you try unlike a lot of guys that don't even take a swing. Don't make the same mistake over and over. Figure out what you did wrong and correct it for your next attempt. You are where you're at. The game ain't over yet.

• Dude, that's how I have been feeling at 17, lol.

• Ya its the harsh cruel reality we live in