Why do some guys have so many female friends but no relationship?

And never have had one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because a relationship requires a special chemistry. One that is not present in his friendships with girls.

What Girls Said 2

• Because having a guy friend is different from having a boyfriend. And maybe he isn't interested in dating.

• Gay or are special enuff not take advantage of girls :P

What Guys Said 6

• Because relationships are not as easy for some people and it is not always that persons fault.

• The skills required to get a friendship are very different from the skills required to get a sexual relationship.

• But they could better understand women, get advice from women and have more access to women.

• They still have more access to women and actually salesmen do ask for advice from customers.

• LOL, no, they don't... except as a ruse!

• Just because they understand what women want doesn't mean they can provide it. I'm yet to find a woman, who is attracted and turned on by a man who acts like a female BFF is expected to be.

• bcz that boy isn't interested in dating or that guy is not a boyfriend material.

• To be quite frank, I wish I knew exactly, because that's how I am: I have lots of girl friends, but have never had a girlfriend. :( Sure, I know it's up to the guy to ask the girl out, but unless I am somewhat certain that she's interested in me as well, I don't want to ask her out. Fear of rejection? I guess that's probably it. It's easier (and safer) to befriend a girl than to ask them out, point blank. Besides, who doesn't want to be friends as well as lovers with their significant other? The only problem here is that girls put us in "the friend zone" when we befriend them, and they pretty much keep us there, even if we get the courage to ask them out later (I've tried and failed at that a few times.) So, I guess what I'm saying is that it if you want to ask a girl out, there's a small window of time to do it in: when you've first met and she's flirting back because you're new and exciting. Anytime after that, if you haven't asked her out, it's probably too late. She's already filed you away as a "friend" in her mind and is looking elsewhere. :( I think I just solved my own problem! Lol

• Because they act like girls.