My girlfriend is mad at me because I haven't told my parents about her yet?

We've been friends for years already and we recently started getting serious a few months ago. And she keeps asking me if I've told my parents about her and I say no and she just stays quiet. I don't want to tell my parents because I'm embarrassed to tell them I have a girlfriend. We're both in college and she means a lot to me. I am not embarrassed of her at all. I just find it hard to tell me parents about her. How should I introduce her or break the ice with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Embarassed? Come out with the truth before they start thinking ur gay

What Girls Said 4

• I waited to tell my dad about my first bf, he exclaim 'oh I was starting to think you were a lesbian', no lie. And some think when a guy doesn't tell his parents after the first couple months some girls wonder if they are being used or are ashamed of. Plus the only guy that used me kept me a secret from his family, but I never thought anything of it till way after the fact.

• Just casually say me and the girls name are dating now. It's really not that big of a deal and your parents will probably be happy for you and then maybe ask questions about how it happened. It's not like your parents never dated anyone

• u gotta tell them she's gonna be all sad and angry if u don't tell he cause it gives awful the sense that your embarrassed of her

• You should brave it and tell your parents of your love if she really means a lot to you. Your parents seem to already know and like her! By keeping your girlfriend a secret, it still seems like u do not respect her, regardless of if that's true. Best wishes!

What Guys Said 1

• dude u should tell her that since you're an adult u don't hav 2 tell your paents bout her basicaly