I'm Older... should I care?

So this guy who I've known for years now confessed that he likes me... thing is he is 18 and I am 24.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• At the age of 18, he doesn't know who he is or who he wants to be when he grows up. You're far more mature than he is, plus you're at a different stage in your life. If you like him and you just want to have some fun with him, knowing it probably won't last, go for it. If you want something really long-term and stable, he's probably not the guy for you.

• It sounds like it might be mean to him but your right thats exactly how it would end.
      Thanks for the opinion.

What Guys Said 5

• That's tough, but my cousin is dating someone five years younger than her so maybe it's possible. She's kind of grown up child so the boyfriend is still responsible compared to her...

• I don't understand why so many people are so worried about doing something that would upset the majority of people... when we all know for a fact that the majority is stupid and almost always wrong

• Age shouldn't matter.

• thing is do you like him back?

• Honestly I am not sure... I did like him in the past but due to his age I kind of stopped my self ao now I seem to not be able to decide if it is socially ok.

• bugger with social, if you like him you like him, i have dated women with a wider age gap then the one you have both above and below, don't worry what others say just do what makes you happy

• That can still work

What Girls Said 3

• I think that as long as you're being mindful of him and don't try to manipulate the situation unduly it's okay. You're both adults after all.

• date him. your destiny

• I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe at the moment he doesn't mind the age but in a few years time he will notice the little differences in a 6 year age gap. My mum was older than my dad, he didn't care when they were young but it caught up eventually - he's with someone younger now.

BUT, if you're just looking for something casual, just dating around then give it a try, with eyes open.

• Thanks so much. Trying to make sure I dnt do anything that might not affect me but will affect him.