Is it okay for a girl to make the first move?

So on Saturday I had a private session with a boxing trainer at my gym. He was showing me the basics, it was pretty fun. He threw in a "you have to keep your gloves up, you have a pretty face you want to protect it" while we were training. After we were done he tried to start a conversation with me. Showed me this new backpack he bought that has a lunchbox built it in. Haha. Then asked me when the next time that I would come in would be? After that he asked me what I did for work & eventually what I was doing over the weekend then went on to tell me what he was doing. He never really asked for my number or anything. What should I do next? Should I wait for him to make the move or send him a message on facebook asking him if he wants to hang out sometime?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do anything and ruin it! If he likes you, he will make the first move.

What Guys Said 9

• No... don't facebook... too impersonal.

He kind of made the first move... so if you like him... it your turn to step up!

Next time your are at the gym... ask him afterwards if he would like to grab a drink of some sort to further your first conversation. That way it looks like your just picking up from where you left off.

• you have to make the move, if he is professional he will be hesitant to do so
    his career can be jeopardized for making a move on you

• PERFECTLY normal basically... we don't live in 19th centry

• Send him a message on fb to get his number and ask him out on the phone.

• If you want him, go after him.

• There's nothing wrong with a girl making the first move.

• its completely ok just dont make yourself look like a tramp.

• Feminism has failed us

• wish women did it more often

What Girls Said 3

• Of course it's okay. It's not common in some places, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I think you should ask him if he wants to meet up over the weekend and grab lunch. You can send it over FB or you can say it in person the next time you're in. :)

• Be patient. Spend more time with him and see if he makes his move. If a guy is interested, he'll make the first move. You don't want to appear too eager to him.

• Jus do it don't over think it. It will be an exoerience. I've done it and it worked out well. Not something I do every time though