I feel like I missed my chance?

I'm 20 years old, I'm single, never had a boyfriend! Only been asked out like once by a guy who I wanted to get to know! Sadly I told him know because I was freaked out that a guy was actually asking me out! I only saw him once and didn't have a chance to tell him how I really felt! That was over year ago! I fell stupid for still feeling this way over a guy I don't know! But, now I have a new job and its full time and I don't have time to meet guys....well...I really don't want to because I still hope that me and this guy might humb into each other again. But, I'm afraid I might be single for the rest of my life! I'm so ready for a relationship....I dont want to let this guy go! I've been so sick over this! It's stpuid...I know...but, I can't make it go away! It's like when I saw him and more stuff happned then me just seeing him once after that! If you want more details message me. But, like I have had butterflies! Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it from me girl: the less men a woman has in her life romantically, the better off she'll be in the long run. I learned this the smart way, not the hard way like so many others.

When you lack romantic experience, it can be easy to romanticize and glamourize dating and relationship. However, the truth is that most men do not know how to take care of a woman's heart. Most guys, especially guys who are new to adulthood, are potentially going to taint your journey with their immaturity and bullsh*t. This is why you shouldn't feel bad if things don't work out because a truly special man and bond is rare to find and once it's found, it takes on a life of it's own. Women tend to be emotionally, mentally, spiritually healthier when they are highly selective about their male experiences so don't feel bad about being your age and single. It's not a weakness: it's a HUGE STRENGTH.

Anyhow, it seems to be that you are just very shy, self-conscious, and timid. The cure to this is pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and doing things that scare you no less than three times a day. Embrace fearlessness and those butterflies will be long gone! Good luck!

• Wow! Thank you! Yeah! It just stinks because I'm okay with talking to guys... I've just never had a guy like me the way he was acting like he liked me. And I've never had anyone look at me the way he was. I've never wanted to get to know a guy as much as him!

I don't think he was immiture... I maybe be wrong but he was severl years older then me.

I just kept feeling like and was being told that somethkng else was going to happen. Like by some of my friends! I ended up meeting the guys brother. He told me he was coming back...(because he went back to his home state) which I'm still kinda confused about.

Like its just weird at how all these things kept leading up to something else happenjng and that leading to him telling me he was coming back! To almost a year later and I still feel this way and haven't seen any signs of them. :(

But, thank you for the encouraging words. :)

• You are very welcome : ) Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Try getting in contact with him? Facebook or something.

• You're more hung up on the image of this guy, not the guy himself. Because, like you pointed out, you haven't gone out with him.

How often do you get to see this guy? If you see him again, just say hi and start talking to him. Maybe you can even invite him somewhere with your friends.

But if things don't work out, it's not the end of the world. You're still young. Just get out there, keep improving yourself and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.

• Yeah! I wish he was still here. But, I ended up meeting the brother and he told me he left. The brother kicked him out because apparently he got a girlfriend and she was crazy. But, the brothet told me he was single and he was think about coming back. But, that was about a year ago and I haven't seen either one of them. If I saw him again I would definitely talk to him.