What's considered cheating?

I know the common cheating like kissing, holding hands, having sex with someone else and all that , but what else is considered cheating ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok I will have a shot at this :

1. deliberate flirting with other people
    2. kissing other people
    3. sexual acts with other people
    4. having an unofficial relationship with other people
    5. eating cheese and crackers with other people minus your partner
    6. having pillow fights with other people minus your partner

last two are just for fun : P

What Guys Said 7

• For something to be 'cheating', it has to include a degree of dishonesty. Holding hands with a guy may be cheating in a lot of cases, but if your boyfriend knew you held your best guy friend's hand sometimes, and was ok with it, it wouldn't be cheating. It's not about the act, it is about the intent, and the dishonesty/secrecy around it.

If you are doing something (not you specifically, you in a general sense) that you think would upset your partner if he found out, it is mostly likely cheating. For some people, that could be texting a guy that you met at a party, for others that wouldn't be an issue. It could be talking to guys on facebook, it may not be. It is context sensitive. It has to be taken in the context of the relationship it is referring to. What boundaries were set for that relationship. What expectations were set. And did the person doing the cheating know that they were going outside of those expectations.

So, I suppose it could be summed up as 'knowingly acting in a way that violates the established boundaries of the two partners in a relationship'.

• i guess flirting would be considered that... since you know you have a girlfriend or boyfriend your not being loyal since your flirting on purpose. Cheating people aren't good... it tells you a lot about their mindset... thats why i dont cheat. If i love you then i love you so you won't have to worry about me messing around... it all depends on the person.

• It all depends, excessive flirting and hinting hard, is cheating especially if its right in front of your partner
    also the mentality, the girl who wants to cheat but doesn't do it is almost as bad

For example, if a girl i was with was giggling tapping another guys shoulder and fantasizing about him that sounds like cheating to me

• betraying someones (your SO's) trust by being in another relationship while with them.

• All you said above, and fantasizing being in a relationship with another person is also considered cheating to me.

The girl may be physically loyal to me, but emotionally cheating on me.

• Social media and flirting with others

• There's a whole list.

What Girls Said 5

• An emotional attachment that goes beyond a friendship. If the connection you have with another goes past what you would talk about with a friend and you aren't telling you SO those same things, then you are cheating on them. You have choose to take part of your self and give it to another and keep it from you SO. I also consider any kind of lying.

• Flirting maybe

• anything you wouldn't want your SO to find out about.

• Id say flirting in person, texting or using social media to flirt with someone who isn't your bf/gf

• Telling multiple girls you really like them or even love them. so verbally cheating.