Opinions on old fashioned personalities?

I am 20 year old guy who just happened to grow up with old fashioned and romantic traditions in relationships (opening a door for a woman, pulling out a chair, romantic dates, maybe some ballroom dancing, general chivalry, etc.) I have taken my fair share of bullying over the years over my personality but I am totally confident in who I am and I know that this is who I was always meant to be. Now at this point you may be wondering why I am asking for opinions of my personality if I am completely confident in who I am. Well of course I am always curious, given the general lack of respect that men today give to women as well as many posts I have seen on here, what women today think of a respectful, caring, and old fashioned guy. Im not putting women on a pedestal or letting myself be a supposed "doormat", but I just very much appreciate the old fashioned romance for my relationships. I have always had anxiety with approaching women because I would never want to be seen as some kind of "creeper", given there are indeed a lot of creeper dudes out there. In approaching a woman I would only want to be myself, saying hello and maybe giving a nice compliment (to be clear, since many people will jump on this because they always do, I am talking to them in THE DAYTIME on my college campus). Maybe after some nice conversation I would ask her on a coffee date to get to know one another. And if all goes well with that, maybe I plan a nice romantic picnic around sunset somewhere nice on campus (if thats too much for a second date, maybe I could plan something simple and fun and save that for later ;) ). I'm just trying to give a decent description of who I am as person and , for girls, as a potential match (at least in terms of personality). I am aware of all the people who spend their time on this site really bashing people for who they are, but Im just curious to your honest opinions, girls, of old fashioned guys like me. :)

side note : I probably shouldn't have posted this as anonymous. lol. Kinda screwed that up. If this update doesn't show it , my username is LightKnight40 ;) Thanks for your responses in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Good for you! It's good to be yourself. Some women can take chivalry as being creepy but that's just the way the world is now. I'm all for being romantic and old-fashioned. Just remember love is the main thing. Will you still be chivalrous after a bad fight, or after something she does that annoys you? If you do, its rare and a great trait to possess. The best thing you can do is be yourself, be relaxed and give the girl space to decide.

What Girls Said 4

• Hey :) Nothing at all wrong with treating a woman right! You seem like you respect the ladies and make them feel super special when you're with them - ignore the haters because you've got it damn right and women will love you for it :) Having said that, I open doors etc. for whoever, not just women :P just being polite to all really.

• I don't see anything wrong with your behavior. I like Receiving it and I like giving it:-)

• From a female point of view, guys like yourself stand out in a good way and chivalry, whilst very rare these days, will attract a quality woman, a lady... or at the very least, you will be remembered with fondness everywhere you go. You are also appealing to a woman's nature, ie the desire to be protected and taken care of.

• I wish more guys where like you

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's good. If a person gets offended by your actions, it's on them. You're just being who you are.

Side not, have you seen the movie "Old Fashioned"?

• Yea, sounds like you uphold the traditional standards of chivalry like many of these women and then I bet you most of these women will turn around and say they fight for equality.

• You see from women's perspective it is common courtesy because that is what they have been led to believe. This standards traps men into a never ending circle of people defining what it means to be a man

• I'm also a gentleman, but I still got laid, although I slept with older women.