Guys, why do white guys find it so hard to approach black girls?

I personally love white guys, but it is so hard to find a guy that is interested in me too. I'm not sure what the big issue is, but I'd definitely like to get some insight.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to depend on the location. I've never had an issue approaching or dating black girls in the past, but the city is pretty multicultural so I grew up unaware that it 'should' be an issue. A girl was a girl. Period.

My time on this site makes it obvious that it doesn't seem to be the case in every city, however. So, there isn't anything inherent about it being hard for a white guy. White guys can approach black girls just fine. However, certain areas have different cultural norms, societal norms, so in those places the white guys may have different societal pressures that make it more difficult. It's not because they are white, per se. It is because they are in that specific sub-culture.

Your profile picture is very attractive, so in theory you shouldn't have trouble finding guys of any colour, anywhere. If you find yourself having trouble with particular demographics, it is most likely a local cultural bias, not a purely racial bias. Though the local culture may very well be racially homogeneous. If that makes sense.

• That actually does make a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight ☺️ Maybe it'll get easier once I branch out.

• You're very welcome :)

Branching out is almost always a good idea. I hope you find what you're looking for.

What Guys Said 10

• Because white men assume that black women aren't interested in us, just like some black women assume white men are interested in them.

I think in general, people are more comfortable making a move on a person of the same race. People can be insecure any way, race difference just makes those people more insecure and assumptions are made.

• Just wish more people were willing to step out of their comfort zones

• I think it's a social thing. I've had a crush on 2 black chicks in the past. Other than being a bit shy when it comes to dating I was never sure what to say to a black girl even just as friends let alone as someone I was on a date with.

Thinking back it is kinda silly as I now know we are all human and a girl is a girl no matter their race or culture. It helps that (after the crushes) I had an online GF who was a mix race and we got along quite well.

• Quoting you from the comments below:

"Just wish more people were willing to step out of their comfort zones"

well then, why don't you step out of your comfort zone as a woman and ask the white guys out that you want instead?

• I usually do, but they don't seem interested or if they are it's a behind closed doors sort of deal

• im half brit and tbh i think black girls are hot. but im kinda intimidated tho I don't know why.

• I feel as though stereotypes make us intimidating like there are a lot of us that are as sweet as pie, and just waiting for a chance.

• Because most black girls don't even like white guys, so the chance of rejection is extremely high. To make matters worse, black girls have a reputation for being nasty when they reject guys.

• From my experience, most black girls in my school weren't very open into dating white guys, so I just dated white girls.

• I would love to date a black girl but it hard for me to find one that I was attracted to but I've never had a problem talking to them they just went interested in me lol

• I do not know what your problem is. If my town were black girls, I would certainly have met them.

• I don't know I'm a black guy just here to read the answers ^_^ i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text_2.gif

• Because white guys generally associate black girls with "ghetto fabulous" girls and then we're really turned off.

• I understand that, but what about those of us that aren't "ghetto fabulous"?

• I've come across some pretty gorgeous black girls, nothing just ever came of it.