Do men need time before committment to fool around?

Guys, if you found a girl you really like, you know she is the one, but you have only had the opportunity to have 2 other partners; would you ever consider breaking it off with her temporarily to go fool around to get it out of your system so you can be loyal down the road when you settle down? If you're 27 and have been in a 7-8 year relationship that went sour because they girl was a total bitch, and just hooked up once with another girl, but then found a girl you really like, would you be tempted to just go and have fun for a bit and then come back?
People say that fooling around a lot before settling down keeps you loyal and not wandering...

thanks in advance....

• Yes I would go fool around
  • No, I don't care to fool around
  • Write in answer or see results

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it really depends on the guy, honestly. I, personally, would be happy with the girl I was with. There's never been any desire to sleep around, or to sleep with more women to boost my "number."

Then again, I know guys who would say the exact opposite, so... to each his own, I guess.

What Guys Said 3

• I much rather save time and fool around whilst commit to the girl I want to be with at the same time.

• oh and also, that last statement of yours is really a double-edged sword, it can either keep someone "tame" or increase their "temptation" after experiencing it even more. you just need to find the right guy.

• In that scenario I wouldn't fool around, I don't wanna risk losing the one just because I want to fool around. But, in the mean time, before I've found the one yeah, I wanna fool around.

• I've only ever wanted to commit. Never had the desire to "fool around."

What Girls Said 1

• I know that some men are very disappointed in their number of partners and I had one man speak for all men by telling me that every man wants to have a "higher" number.

I guess it just depends on the guy. If they would regret not having fun before settling down, they might be tempted or even do it.

Then there are others who have no regrets and would pursue the girl they're interested in.

• i think its more of a manly man thing guys kinda got a dominance thing with each other like apes in a cage the one who hits harder tends to run that shit