Are two genders of man and woman really "friends" or they do have deep "love" hidden within?

If two human beings of opposite genders are friends, do they have hidden love for each other somewhere in their hearts? If a guy often calls a girl a lot on her mobile and talks for an hour or two, even looks at her, admires her that she is looking beautiful, even takes care of her. And if calls her after a lot many days if he says, "It's been so long I heard your voice so thought of calling you." Does he love her from her heart somewhere to which he himself doesn't know?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a group of guy friends, one I was attracted to and had liked but changed my mind and tried to make it work as just friends. One other guy I was attracted to a bit but never let those thoughts develop and was always a genuine friend to him. The other three guys I never viewed any differently than a girl friend. So yes, it's possible for the opposite sexes to be "just friends". Both have to want it though for it to work. It never really worked with that first guy who I was attracted to and once had feelings for.

It sounds like this one guy you're talking about likes you as more than a friend. None of my guy friends did any of that for me and I would have taken it as they liked me if they had. Do you consider him your best friend? Maybe that's something best friends / someone you're emotionally close with would do as it's very caring. My take is he likes you as more than a friend.

• I liked him since I saw him for the first time. Initially, I admired him and his brilliance; whenever he used to give presentation, I would always give him a feedback that his presentation was awesome. He used to wait for my feedback always. He began to admire me too of my qualities and told me I am a great person. Afterwards I noticed him giving me secret glances, so I developed liking for him. I said to him that he is a beautiful person and he said to me the same. Then one day I brought a bouqet for him and proposed him; he rejceted my proposal but then I saw him getting closer to me, admiring me, calling me for hour or two, chatting with me over Facebook, never discouraging me if I said I love him, infact he said to me he feels good and that when I encourage him, he likes it. Even if he misbehaved or spoke harsh with me, he apologised the very next day. Maybe in near future, he comes to me and say he loves me too.

• You don't mean proposal like a marriage proposal right? Like you asked him on a date? It kind of sounds like he's stringing you along and using you to feel good but it's hard to tell. I would definitely, definitely talk to him about where it's going.

• Yes I proposed him for marriage to which he responded that he is honored but he cannot do anything without the consent of his family (I am from East actually.. here families are involved for marriages). He told me he doesn't want to betray me or to play with my feelings as he respects me; he doesn't want to do anything that'd hurt me in the end as he said i am very sensitive. So his thinking makes me feel there's an equal chance for that guy to love me too but he is forced not marry anyone without his family's consent.

What Guys Said 4

• It sounds alittle excessive for a friend to do all that. but between sexes it's likely one person is attracted to a degree but it's possible to be just cool buds

• No guy wants to be just friends with a girl

• Sounds like he wants to be with her soon enough.

• Don't you mean "deep lust hidden within"?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, men and women can be, and often are, just friends. But the situation you described doesn't sound like just friends to me.