Would you date your friends crush?

If you had the opputrtunity to date this person, that your friend liked and you did, would you go for it, even if they would be upset?

• Definitely
  • Not at all
  • Maybe
  • It would depend (if so, comment what it would depend on?)
Can you please comment why you would pick what you did?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. If we both like her, why should I stop myself from dating her so that he could date her? I've been in this situation a couple of times and it never turned out in a fight between us, it was like "well, she likes you, so you go out with her".
    I've been both the guy that date her, and the guy that got nothing. If you get nothing it kinda sucks, but you're not gonna stop your friend from being happy just because you can't be, it's selfish.

What Guys Said 5

• In the past I've respected my friend's interests and avoided intervening, and as a result I ended up going "lefty" on many nights to help cope with the loneliness.

Now I'm currently not involved in such a situation, but in the future I won't hesitate to go for what I want. After all, none of the friends who I "cared for" are actually still my friends to this day.

In the end, go for what you want. Especially when you're young. When you go through life, people come and go based on where your life path leads. Cherish the journey and don't think so much about the end game, especially if the benefit is love.

• If he is being a little bitch and won't make the move... and she is feeling me... i am taking the opportunity

• Honestly, I do not know. Maybe not, as I feel my friend would start grudging against me if I went for her.

I remember one of my friends had a crush on some girl but she had a crush on me. It made things and our relations awkward for me and my friend...

• This is happened to me tonnes, where my crush has liked my friend instead. Thanks :)

• Personally, I wouldn't. I would never do that to any of my friends no matter how good looking she is. If he were to ask her first and she said no, I would consider dating her if he were to move on.

• I don't think guys would make a big deal about not having the girl.

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't because my only close female friend has an odd taste in guys (most of her crushes are quite annoying to me). And I have a boyfriend. So I'm good.

• No I couldn't do that!
    Besties before testies!

• No. I am not morally bankrupt.

• It depends. If she didn't really know him and had a minor crush on him then yeah I might. But if it was a guy she seriously liked I couldn't do that. I wouldn't want one of my friends to date a guy I liked that much.

it also kinda depends on the friend.

Luckily my friends and I don't have the same tastes I guess.

• It depends. Did we meet him at the same time? Did I show interest first or did she? And who dies he show interest in? Like if she saw him first then I probably wouldn't. It's kind of tricky.

• Well, here's the thing, she met him a few days earlier then invited me to go meet up with them too so she didn't feel as awkward, while we were there, he showed interest in me instead, The next day we all hung out at my house and he showed interest in me again. We actually kissed XD later that night we went to the movies, and him and I moved away from the rest of our friends cause I didn't like being so close to the screen, and wanted to sit further back, so we were sitting separated from everyone else?

• I understand :) thank you for your time

• Depends on who had the crush first. If she liked him first, no.

• If I love the guy I would do it, I think my friend should accept it and act cool :)

• No? That's really rude and hurtful.

• oh don't do it... I mean how long have you been friends with this person because friendship comes before everything for me personally and are you ready to put that in jeopardy because you like some guy I mean who like the first how cool are you with your friends because maybe she be cool with it and tell you to send her pictures of his abs after you get them so it might turn out good am I to know bet it depends