Would you want your girl to pursue her own career, or be a stay at home mom?

• I like a girl who wants her own career.
  • I like a girl who is a stay at home mom.
I prefer a girl who wants her own career. But i would not say anything bad against a woman who willing wants to stay home and take care of her family.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you asked guys but just thought I'd say I'd like a man who would like me with whatever I choose. Both, on and off or whatever

• I agree. I think women should have the same career opertunitys.

What Girls Said 5

• I would like to have my own career until I have kids, then become a stay at home wife/mum for a couple years while the kids are young, then go back to part time work where I can do something for myself but also be home early to help kids with their homework, and drive them to and from their soccer games/dance recitals/whatever they're interested in and be able to cheer them on in the crowd. As much as a career is nice, I believe that if you are in a financial position to do so, being there for your kids is really important.

• I didn't go through all the schooling and tuition money that I did to be a stay-at-home mom. It would be a waste of my engineering degree.

However, I totally support a woman's right to choose what she wants to do with her life. My choice might not be for someone else - that's totally ok.

• It isn't that I don't want a career and I'm getting my degree in science, but I'd absolutely LOVE to be a stay at home mom if my husband makes enough to make it possible

• a bit of both somehow hahah i want to have my own career but also have enough time for family :)

• I've always been Ms. Independent, but if I could trade it in to be a housewife, I would :-)

What Guys Said 14

• Career woman.
    Stay at home mom until the kid starts school, then back to work.

• 2|0
  • Don't want kids, I want a woman who works.

• Don't mind
    + i am good with kids :3
    Actually if not for my work i would gladly stay be a housemate XD

• I couldn't afford a stay at home wife

• It's up to her I'm cool with either

• She is free to do what she wants. But either way, I would like to have children one day.

• If I could afford it, a stay at home Mother. I'd rather her look after the kid, not a stranger. If not, I'll stay home and she can work.

• I would ultimately want her to do what makes her happy but if I get a really good job I think it'll be nice for her to be a at home :-)

• If a girl told me she wanted to be a stay at home mom, I would never call her again.

• I would support her choice.
    Althought I don't want to have children, so I guess A.

• Yes she can have her own career so long as she didn't do better than me

• She can do what she wants as I have lots of money what ever she's wants or happy with.

• If we've got the money it'd be good if she put the career on hold for a bit and resumed at whatever age we agree is good for the kids. If not then she'll have to get back down the mine ASAP! lol. Child care costs the same amount as a mediocre income where I live, so it might actually be more economical for her to stay home anyway.