I really like this guy but I'm not sure if being with him Is a good idea?

He's 33 (I'm 20), divorced, and has a 9 year old daughter that lives with her mum. He lives in a house with four other guys and isn't quite as "together" as most men his age but he really makes me happier.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he's got a lot against him O. o and you still like him.. yet everyday we'll have dudes on here bitching...

I don't know, if you've got the chemistry then you got it but If I were you I'd stay away.
    If you really want to give the guy a chance then do it but be cautious, take it slow, and don't invest too much early

What Guys Said 9

• 1) You're young. He's older. You'll have more difficulties trying to find common interests. 2) You will have no say in how he raises his daughter. You will have to deal with all the drama with his ex for the remainder of your relationship. E. g. he'll be paying for her college tuition in 9 more years. Then he'll pay for her wedding. 3) He has failed at marriage. Try to learn exactly why. He'll say it's her (ex) fault but. . . .

On the other hand he makes you happy.

• If you like him, then it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. I would just be very observant and break it off AS SOON (literally right away) as things are starting or seem to get bad. You could be the woman that helps him get his life "together", you never know.

• Wait.. A 33 year old guy who is divorced with a 9 year old kid who doesn't have his life together as much as others his age...
    And you're 20 and want to date him? Don't waste your 20's on this guy. Please. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

• He Makes you happier. Did you two just start dating? How recent was the divorce? Is he at least employed?

• Yes, it was years ago, he works full time

• If he makes you happy that could be just the newness of the relationship. I guess stick with it and time will tell :)

• As for not being as "together" as a guy his age he was most likely still hurting from the divorce and is just now getting himself back together emotionally.

• U know what... I say give it a try and see where things go!

• do u consinder age difference an issue maybe?

• Wait he is divorced right? Hmm I don't know just keep dating him and see where it goes tell him that if he doesn't act more mature then you will leave him.

• You could do so much better

• You don't know that

• Yeah I get that, but does that mean that being with him is bad

• no its not bad. As i said, you are free to date who you want! But if you're asking for my honest opinion on the matter, its that i think you can do better (as in, a guy who is not divorced with kids who seems to has his life together)

• Hang out with him, and see about maybe 1 friends date to get a real relationship going.

What Girls Said 4

• If you like him then why not see where it goes? you may be the very reason of his chance at changing his life. maybe he is already trying to get his life together and you may be his support. I suggest going for it since he makes you happy.

• Hell naw!! Girl do not. I repeat do not. he has too much baggage. there are plenty other men who can make you happy. you are 20 years old and im sure you have too much to offer than to be with a man like that. you are out of his league and I can bet he's looking at you as a come up. someone in his situation should be dating a woman with the same lifestyle. but im sure hed rather be with you than a divorcee in her 30s who has multiple roomates. bum ass guys usually are the best charmers. they have to be, that's how they hook women like you. find a guy on your level, he has way too much going on for someone like you. sometimes you have to cut these guys off at square one instead of letting them worm their way into your life and you ending up attached.

• To be really honest with you (girl to girl)... he can be like a father to you not some man who you want to be with. Your only 20 and still in school hopefully that you are. You need someone way closer to your age. I'm only 22 and no way I'm gonna date someone in there 30's, it just don't look right. So my answer to your question is leave him and date someone in their 20's.

• I would try to forget about him and find someone else