Guys, have you ever hooked up with a girl and been turned off by something you saw in her bedroom?

Have you ever hooked up with a girl and been turned off by something you saw in her bedroom?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question!
    YES that has happened to me multiple times.
    I'm not bothered by "photos of grandma" as you said, to me that's sweet.
    Starting with the most obvious:
    1. Filth. Vacuum that carpet, change those sheets, get the laundry off the floor, tidy the surfaces of your furniture so you can wipe it down clean (desk, table, shelves) and it isn't cluttered. Put your shit in your closest, not piled up in a heap in the corner like a creepy presence. And above all else, never have dirty dishes lying around.
    2. Insane amounts of skin and beauty products. There is something repulsive about seeing her dresser, just covered in bottles and tubes of lotion, creme, makeup. Get it tidied away, get a chest of drawers if you need it. Throw stuff out if it's expired. Try to keep it to a minimum, why do you need 30 bottles of stuff?
    3. Clothes hanging around the room like it's a closet. It feels like I walked into the dressing room of a theatre, not where a human being lives. Are you a real person, or just for show?
    Also, try to hide the laundry basket if it can't fit in the closet. Drape a piece of fabric over it if nothing else.
    4. Odor. There's no excuse. You can buy activated charcoal deodorizers very cheaply, stick em under the bed, behind your laundry basket, etc. Then you can use essential oil, just put some on a paper towel and let it evaporate into the room. Make sure to put it on a plate so it doesn't stain furniture. Lavender is great.
    5. Clutter. nothing makes me lose my libido more frequently than walking in to a girls cluttered room. It feels claustrophobic, I feel like saying "just wait a minute, let me clean up a bit first".
    6. Used tampons visible in bathroom trash. Just no. In fact, empty the bathroom trash, don't let me see it full of used tissue paper, please.
    7. Condoms/lube. Reminds me of you having sex with other guys. Hide the box please.
    8. Dildo/sex toys. Don't ruin the magic. Keep that hidden, unless you're getting it out for a specific purpose.

• (ran out of space)
      9. Photos of ex boyfriends, or anyone else who I might be in competition with, i. e. male friends who have a crush on you, or who you had a crush on. Also, male celebrities who you have a crush on. That's something for you to look at, not us.

• Just curious - why is it a turn off if she has a lot of beauty products? I have a LOT of beauty products that are on display because I like to be able to see what I have in a glance without rummaging through drawers. I agree that it would probably look better out of sight but is it really that big of a turn off? If so, why? Thanks!

What Guys Said 9

• i saw a bull's head... and i was turned-off basically... ughhhh

• What? Like literally a stuffed bull's head? Yeah that would be the end of it for me to, dang that's creepy.

• No not really

• Nope can't say I have

• only turns off I could think of woul be extremely unclean room or a stech but not really

• Her dad? .. Lol

Well personally I think I'd be too horny to notice anything.

• What kind of things?

• I don't know just things sitting around in her bedroom that might kill the mood could be a photo of her grandma staring at you lol perhaps some type of medication sitting there for a disgusting medical problem, perhaps something messy or dirty in her room. I don't know really, just want to know the kind of things that turn guys off that I should hide before inviting a guy over lol.

• Yep that's happenes a lot

• Her penis turned me off.

• Her husband...

True story

• Yes, her nipple piercings... not that that stopped me, it was her willingness to do it with out condom that did that. (So I guess I didn't actually hook up with her... so I suppose the answer's no.)

• I meant things in her bedroom not things on her or things that she did :)

• I thought as much, but that's it as far as being turned off so far.