Am I being an asshole here?

So there's this girl that rejected me but would still want to hang out, but i just straight out ignored her request. She is now having a farewell party, (as she is going back to her home country forever) and ofcourse i also kind of ignore that. I feel like an asshole here. But at the same time i know nothings going to happen if i go or not, so why keep wasting my time.

(i had an ex i experienced how pointless is to become friend)

What do you guys think? Should i go or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to look at girls as more than romantic interests or wastes of time. Of course she turned you down. What would be the point of dating when you're in two different countries?

You're right that you're being a jerk. Only go to the party if you think you can leave the jerkiness behind and give a friend the good memories she deserves.

• well it sucks to be on the losing end sometimes you know?

• ur right, feels like im a loser if i just disconnect everything. I think it feels better just being this. I guess im starting to feel ok after being rejected. Feels like rejection is like whatever ok to me

• I am literally the worst person to talk about feelings with. P much anyone else ever would be a better bet. Sorry :c

What Girls Said 6

• If you're not interested in being friends with her then, no, it doesn't make you an ass hole to decline her invitations to hang out or her invitation to her farewell party.. though, it would be most considerate of you to actually decline her invitations rather than just ignore them completely.

• ... not everyone is going to be interested in you romantically... but it doesn't mean she doesn't like you as a person... I think she was nice enough to even invite you.

• I know, but to be honest there's no point for me to be there. for wat? im not going to have a good time

• Wish her well, enjoy yourself, and meet new people. You never know what could happen at a party!

• Be a gentleman and go

• Go only if you want to see her/talk to her, not for the sake of not looking like an asshole.

• Do you want to go?

• yes because i feel bad and she's a friend and no because i know i won't have a good time because ill be frustrated at her

• Well, I think you should go. So you won't have a good time for one night. It's not that big of a deal. Plus, if you go you can give it one last shot and things might turn out different. Unless you don't want a long distance relationship?

What Guys Said 3

• My guess is that you gave her the impression that either she be your girlfriend or nothing at all. She's moved on from you. Are you an asshole? I don't know. I suppose you are, since you didn't want to be just a friend - at least in her opinion.

• why would she give a shit and keep finding me to hang out? I'd rather be left alone

• Did you tell her that? You probably need to let her know. If you did, then probably get a restraining order, or have someone help you keep her away from you.

• Dude, go out there and ride that horse! Fuck the party.

• Who cares you will never see her again.

• i agree, i really agree, but i do feel like an massive asshole here

• She will live.