Is it a sign that he doesn't really care/isn't really interested?

So me and this guy have been friends for a while now and we've been hanging out from time to time. He told me he likes me, but I have a weird feeling about it. There are some things and situations when I feel like he's not really into me and maybe he is just stringing me along? For example, I gave him a gift for his birthday and he was really excited about it, BUT he never asked about when my birthday is. It's not like I'm waiting for a gift as well, but its nice the feeling of attention and shows they're interested in you. Aren't most guys curious about things like these when they are interested in you? Yesterday we've been hanging out with his roommates and when we talked about birthdays, I mentioned when my birthday is and he ignored it, but he asked his roommate what he wants from him for his birthday...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, he sounds like he's playing around. Trust me, if they really like you, you'll know. It's easy for him to say he likes you, but proving it is a whole other thing. I'd move on if I were you.

What Guys Said 1

• That sounds more like one of those guys who likes a girl one day then doesn't care the next. Id just suggest being careful around him.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, that is one sign that he doesn't care.