How many of y'all would date someone with Vitiligo?

Just curious.

For anyone who doesn't know what vitiligo is:
A condition in which the pigment is lost from areas of the skin, causing whitish patches, often with no clear cause.

So ever since I saw that model on ANTM awhile back, I fell in love with the sheer uniqueness of it. Of course it would have taken a serious working on confidence to get to this model's level, but i think it's absolutely beautiful.

This is Chantelle Winnie:

[check out the rest of her body as i can only post 3 pics -.-]

Other people:

I think this is UFC dude:

So, would you?

PS: no judgment here, we're all entitled to our preferences.

• Yeah easily, i find beauty in this kinda thing, regardless.
  • Uh not really, not my type, as much as I'd try to ignore it.
  • I'm not sure tbh...
  • It depends on how it looks
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• This may or may not sound shallow lol. I hope it doesn't

The biggest "tun off" is when it gets to the face, which is like the worst thing because I ALWAYS notice the face first. It isn't "eww" it's more like "oh that sucks for them". I've seen people with it before, on their arms, legs, stomach etc, which never deterred me, but as soon as it gets to their face, I cringe a little.

That being said, if I get a damn good positive vibe from them, it won't stop me. I would just feel awkward because I would most likely keep staring at it lol

• no i get u. like u get that feeling where u feel sorry for them kinda thing?
      well thank u for ur honesty anyway=]

• Pretty much yeah. Basically I would, but it would a damn good amount of time to get used to that condition, especially when its on their face

• yup, gotcha

What Guys Said 15

• I've known a cpl of girls with that condition & yes a few guys too. Never came up to a dating scene with the girls but if it does then I don't think it presents a big deal.

I've seen girls who actually make it look good but guess no one's got any control over that :-)

I don't know but dating out here is a different spectrum altogether but I'm sure if it comes to that then Vitiligo won't be the thing where the problem lies if I find her undateable :-D

• I said C because of course I would notice but would hope as I got to know her the decision on whether to date her would depend on other things.

• Eh, wouldn't even phase me to begin with. You fall for whoever steals your heart.

• yeah I got no problem with this.

• It might take me a little bit to get used to seeing her this way, but after that yeah I could see myself with someone that has it.

• Absolutely A: how stupid would it be to meet someone, there is a click and you'd drop her for some pigment? No thanks. It would have no influence whatsoever :-)

• I wouldn't, it's just not visually pleasant to me.

Not that it is for anyone, but I couldn't be attracted to someone with it.

• I love this question because I have seen people with this and never knew what it was called lol. I totally would date a girl with it

• My ex had Vitiligo. It was not bad in the face though. That poor black girl has it tough !

• I'd haft to see their personality fist to know if I'd date them or not.

• Heck Yeaa, cause there's this super hot chick in my office who has this problem dang she looks amazing

• Oh, piebald people. Yeah why not.

• To the white/black racists: this is proof that black/white people are human, too. Just like us.

• As long as I am attracted to the girl.. then I would have no problem. But I wouldn't date someone just because they had it.

• Love is blind.

What Girls Said 13

• One of my friends back in high school has that. She was like a pro at using makeup to cover it and even out her skin tone. Few people even knew she had it.

And yeah, if I was otherwise attracted to the person then it wouldn't stop me from dating them.

• oh wow. so she wasn't proud of it then.
      well that's good to know =]

• poor thing. that's really sad. it's quite 'amazing' that people can stoop so low.

• I know, I've never understood why some people act that way.

• Did you see the guy who had the outlines of some of his spots (?) tattooed so that it looks like he has an awesome map on his arm? I think it's cool and wouldn't care at all.

• wow no i didn't c that! that's really awesome! great attitude to it for sure.

• I can't. But I think a lot of them are very brave. I knew someone who had it once and it was very hard to not stare at it.

I wish there was a way to fix it.

• aw, yeah understandable. i think even they would 'feel it' when they see someone looking.
      i guess it depends on their attitude to it. thanks for sharing girl

• There is this guy at work that also has vit. This doesn't change the way I feel for him. When ever I see him at work I get these butterflies and really shy around him. We talk at work when we can but I can tell he's quiet. Most of his face is turning white but honestly that doesn't matter to me. I'm a shy person in general and I don't know if he might be insecure so I need someone's advice should I tell him how I feel or stay quiet? Most guys I've dated talk to me but I never done the first move on a guy 😩😩😩😩😩

• well I'm one of those girls who doesn't make the first move either, so wrong girl to ask haha. all i can say for now is just dont b afraid to be yourself around him. if u wanna drop a few hints, go for it! xx

• Update!!! This is why I don't talk to guys I asked out for lunch after work and he said he couldn't bec he was taking his mom to the dr. But that next time. Been 3 weeks still nothing now I feel stupid seeing him at work

• =/ hopefully it was just a case of him forgetting, but still, that isn't much of an excuse. see it really depends on whether u wanna give up or try again. i do hope it goes well for u in the future though.

• Yes, I would

• I don't see why it would be a problem. All these people are gorgeous.

• Chantelle Winnie is so beautiful omg. And yeah, I'd date a girl with vitiligo if she was romantically attractive/attracted to me, if you understand what I mean

• I thought she looked amazing because hers was symmetrical! Her personality on the other hand... ugh!

• Patches on someone's skin doesn't really bother me

• Yeah I don't mind it

• No I would not

• I actually think it's looks good. It separates you from the crowd, and makes you "exiting" to look at.

• Nope, I would not.