Should I give up on a relationship with this guy?

I've been talking to this guy for a couple of weeks and we've also hung out a couple of times. When we first started talking he told me how he was looking for a committed relationship and I told him I am a little bit hesitant about relationships but I am willing to make it work with him. I love spending time with him because he's a fun guy and he makes me feel special. The only problem I have is that he sometimes goes hours without answering my texts sometimes and I feel like he doesn't want to talk to me. The other day we almost went the whole day without texting but I ended up texting him late at night because I wanted to make sure he wasn't ignoring me. I feel like if I had not texted him, he probably would not have texted me at all that day. Also, I wanted to make plans with him to hang out and we agreed on a time. Then about a half hour before we were going to hang out he said he was tired and he had to go the store so we should hang out another day. He then added in that he missed me. I was really upset so I just replied with a "k" and didn't answer him when he asked if I was mad. I texted him later on in the night apologizing for getting annoyed earlier. He said it was fine and told me to text him the next day. He didn't text me back for hours which annoyed me again. I really want us to be together and to work but I feel like he doesn't like me as much as I like him. Should I just forget about it and stop talking to him?

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy wants to be with you, he will pursue you. You don't need to talk every day... I get it can be frustrating because you are excited to talk to him and build a relationship but all things happen in time. Stop being clinged to your phone and focus on you. He will come around when if he is interested when he notices you stopped pursuing him. That doesn't mean stop completely but just tone it down. Stay interested but cool.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you both need to talk about the issue you have with his lack of texting face-to-face. This maybe doesn't seem a big deal to him since he maybe delays his texts very often and to more people than just you, but if you show him gently that this is an issue, maybe he is willing to take care about this issue and try to text you more often.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should give it sometime. There is probably a very good reason why he doesn't text you often sometimes. He does seem to like you. Don't give up on it too quickly.