My boyfriend thinks I've slept with too many guys?

my boyfriend is 21 and im 20. He told me he has slept with 2 girls (we haven't been sexually active yet) and i told him I've slept with 3 and he kinda seemed to be caught off guard. Its only 1 more than him so i don't see why thats a problem. i asked him if that bothered him and he said no. But i can't get over the fact that he made a face when i told him (shocked kinda suprised face) then got kinda quiet. Have i slept with too many guys? All those guys i was in a committed relationship with.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you haven't slept with too many guys. That is a tiny number. And only one different than him. That would be completely hypocritical of him to have a problem with that.

Don't worry about it. And don't let that define you. You are who you are. What you have done in the past doesn't dictate who you are now as a person. It is part of your path, but not the person walking it.

What Guys Said 8

• what a hypocrite!!!

he makes it an issue 4 just 1 guy more?

nyaaaaaah

• When I read this question I expected like 23.

But then I just saw 3.

Blah. That is not a lot.

• Probably because girls that have sex are bad and guys that have sex are good. Common mindset among people these days.

• Those are not big numbers at all.

• Seems like he has a inflated ego tell him to get over it lol he is no virgin king himself lol.

• It's not a lot

• I wouldn't be bothered, but every guy has his own standards.

• He is lucky, mine has slept with over 15 and she just turned 21

What Girls Said 4

• I expected a number in the teens. It's really not right for him to have judgement towards you like that. Two pints for your honesty though

• If he can't get over how many men you've slept with, he's pretty immature. But to be honest, if he was just surprised, and didn't bring it up again, I think you're reading way too much into it. He might just have expected you to be less open to sex because you have less experience (because you guys haven't slept together yet.) Just don't over-analyse. He's still with you, he hasn't brought it up again (probably.) And if he brings it up. Straight up tell him, that he needs to stop being a hypocrite and back off.

• No but you beat him by one more partner.. He seems competitive.

• It's not at all.. I was with 4 before my current boyfriend.. They were all at least a year long relationships too. No biggie :)