Would you date someone in the armed forces, why or why not?

I'm leaving for the military very soon and am wondering what it will be like when I leave as for dating and what not.

• Hoorah!! Down for military men!!
  • Hoorah!! Down for military women!!
  • Eh... not really my thing...
  • No that's scary stuff right there

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Sure I'd give it a shot I come from a huge military family and have the highest respect for our armed forces.

And actually my first girlfriend is in the military now as a combat medic.

• no because she\d consinder me an enemy basically... i'm liberal she's conservative... so...

• It's not fun dating a person in the military... most likely you'll find someone there for you BUT if you find a guy at your hometown... well I hope it's true love because it's going to be hard

• Not my thing.

• Why would a guy date someone who's leaving

• It might give you something to look forward to when you come back together

• Nope. Get ready to downvote because a blunt and non-PC answer is on the way.

Women in the military are 2 main types: 1) Butch, manly women, or 2) So loose and slutty that there are various terms floating around to describe them (so it's not just some unfounded stereotype lol)

Do you know what a 4-10-4 or "Desert Queen" is? How about a BAM/BOSNIA? A "clearing barrel"? A "cockpit"? A desert fox? A sea donkey or sea hag? Split tail? Dorm hoe/slut is used a lot in the USAF, and it's pretty obvious what it means.

Of course with how us Americans love to worship soldiers and how progressive normal civvies are, this sort of stuff isn't what they want to hear goes on because it taints (ha, taints) the image of servicemembers. But ignoring reality doesn't change it ;)

So would I DATE one? Not likely. But give one (or many) a good banging? You bet your ass ;)

• And what about the percentage that doesn't fall under either?

• They're definitely out there. They blend into the background and just do their time and get out. But yeah, there are a good bit of floozies floating around the military. Which hey, I'm not complaining about that lol

What Girls Said 7

• My husband was in the Navy. Had I known him at the time, I would have followed him around the world! I truly wish I had known him then. I would have loved to be married to him in my early twenties. The fun we would have had! It's fun to fantasize about! But yes, I'd have not only dated him, I would have married him.

• Absolutely. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Yes honestly I would :)

• I did date a guy in the military and it ended really badly and I wouldn't do it again!

• I couldn't. I'd always be worried about them and they are away too much. Hate being alone.

• It all depends on how I feel I about him. If I actually loved him then of course I would.

• I'm the one that's leaving but really wondering if there will be any chance of finding love once gone whether it be home or abroad

• There's a BIG chance of you finding love. There's love out there for everyone. You'll find love sooner or later.

• no. definitely not.