Should I give him an ultimatum?

I have been dating a guy for about 7 months. I asked him towards the beginning where he saw us going, and he said he really likes me but he's had a lot going on with his family, which he actually has (his dad is really sick and he himself battles depression). Lately, things have been getting really good between us, and we have been talking a lot more, but I am transferring to a different school next year. I don't want to waste my time and continue to see him throughout the summer if I am just leading myself on. How do I bring it up to see if he wants something more serious or if he is just happy with where things are and ending things when I leave.

I know he isn't seeing other people. I just would like it to be defined as a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• If you're leaving soon you can't really have anything serious.

• The school I am going to is only an hour drive away, it could work if we both wanted it to

• Then ask him.

What Girls Said 1

• What kind of ultimatum do you want to give him? Are you concerned that he doesn't consider your relationship serious enough?