What do you think of the dating world today?

When I was younger, it wasn't as hard to find a date as it is today. It seems like they raised the bar in order to be accepted now. Back when I was maybe 13 or 14, I wasn't really dating at that age but I don't remember people needing to meet The criteria's they need to meet in today's world. you can't have gone to jail or any of that stuff if you want to be excepted by a decent person. Women and men both expect you to have gone to college, But back in the day they only expected you to have a job. I guess the stipulations are still the same as far as children go, men and women don't like entering relationships when you have children with someone else already...
Imagine a simpler time: A well-dressed single gentleman pulls up to the front of a single lady’s home in the early evening, steps out of his car, and approaches her front door. The two of them were introduced to one another by a mutual friend at a social function some weeks prior.

It is their first date.

As she steps outside, he offers an umbrella to shield her from rain showers, walks with her to the passenger side of the car, and opens the door for her. She notices the interior of the car is spotless. The pair takes a scenic route to a special destination: a reserved table at an elegant restaurant. Conversation flows naturally for a couple hours, with each beginning to learn about the background and interests of the other. After dessert, the gentleman pays for the meal and then drives the lady home. Accompanying her to her door, he thanks her with a warm smile, and departs. This may be repeated on a regular basis, and could eventually lead to courtship and marriage, as the two get to know one another through hours of conversation, spread over months. How much has dating changed in recent years? Over the decades in the Western world, traditional dating was gradually overtaken by the high school “going steady/boyfriend-girlfriend” approach.

• I miss the old days and old ways
  • I like the new ways of dating, it's more interesting
  • I don't care really as long as I get a date lol
Over the decades in the Western world, traditional dating was gradually overtaken by the high school “going steady/boyfriend-girlfriend” approach. Those who did not find a romantic counterpart in this way would then often be initiated into the bar/nightclub scene, sometimes derisively referred to as a “meat market.” While all of this was far from ideal, a look at 21st-century dating can be downright grim. Step back for a moment and ask: Is modern dating truly normal? Is it healthy?
Is there a better way? Or must all single people settle for this path?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a mix of people thinking their to good for someone, high standards, explications and technology.

And that first date bit down at the bottom with the gentlemen is actily almost exactly how I go about dating/courting.

I'm a very old fashioned fellow and a gentleman I prefer the old school way of doing things.

• You and me both because almost everyone's gonna boost themselves up on dating profiles lol man I don't believe nearly anything I read on dating profiles anymore. Hah!

• Good rule to live by.

What Girls Said 2

• dating? what's that? LOL

• as opportunistic as it always been

• Seems like it's circling a drain lol

• Wtf is a succubus? lol sounds like some sort of alien breed

What Guys Said 1

• I think feminism killed the old standards of dating.

• Scroll up and you'll see a girl told me might as well have fun and see what happens next and I just told her Sorry but I don't wanna wait until a girl fucked 40 or 50 guys when she was younger then decides to settle down with me and and her pussy is like a used tire with no marks left on it.. With that being said go have fun and I hope you end up with someone great.