What do I do about my overprotective brother?

So I am in high school and my brother is 18 he's a hick and the guy that I have a thing with smokes week and stuff and my brother has a habit of ruining things with every guy I like. Like he literally will beat them up or yell at them, today I found my brother yelling at this guy telling him to fuck off from me and I really like this guy but I don't know what to do about my brother; so far my brother has called me a slut and keeps yelling at me for this. I feel like the guy I like is just gonna kick me to the curb if he keeps doing this :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Your brother is completely out of control and sounds dangerous. He sounds more like a jealous boyfriend than an overprotective brother. I know you will think this is gross but your brother may actually be in love with you. I could very likely be wrong, but that would explain his behavior a lot better than being overly protective to the point he beats up any guy you like, then yells at you and calls you a slut. That sounds more like the actions of a jealous ex boyfriend.

• Wow that is really creepy and I disagree I think he feels brotherly love... I wouldn't listen to this advice

• I still disagree... Do you have sisters? I do and although I am not crazy and extremely violent towards their boyfriends I don't love them the same way I love my girlfriend... I think it is awkward that you would even put that thought into her head!

• Yes I do have a sister. I have never once felt the urge to beat up all the guys she likes and tell her she is a slut for liking them. This girl is afraid of her brother tracking this guy down at his house and hurting him. Her brother is dangerous. That type of behavior is not normal brother behavior. Maybe he isn't in love with her, but that makes a hell of a lot more sense than it just being that he is overly protective.

What Guys Said 5

• Your brother isn't being overprotective if he calls you a slut just tell him you like that guy and to back off.

• I have but he's keeps going after this guy

• If this is in school he could get in trouble

• Well he knows where he lives

• Girl, I would defend you. But if the guy you're dating is smoking weed, I can never condone that. Do you have a thing for weed?

• No I don't but this guy is amazing and plus my bro smokes

• He just makes me happy when I'm sad

• Well, that's a good thing. Have you tried working it out with your bro?

• Your brother sounds like me.
    The thing is we (your brother and I) were both at that age and so we know what the guys your age think about and want. That does not sit well with me and I am sure it will not for your brother. Smoking weed is a big bloody flag if you ask me because I see a drug addict future not a caring husband (if it goes that far) or anything other than money going down the drain to drugs.

• I think our brother is being a bit outrageous by acting like that... But at the same time I wouldn't want my younger sister dating a guy who smokes weed! Guys who do that want to escape reality and although people say weed isn't bad, I think we can both agree that people who smoke it are more likely to do other drugs and they care less about school.

• so you annoyed at your brother for protecting you from and weed smoking... DRUGIE? rethink this.

• It shouldn't matter what he does

• I think it might matter to any cop who would happen to pull you over, right? you ready for a boyfriend who doesn't go to college?

What Girls Said 0