Girls, how can a guy date a girl with a kid? Would you date a guy with my opinion?

I've always tried to avoid a girl with kids but this one girl I knew was very sweet and she had the most well behaved little girl who was around 4. She kind of changed my mind about the whole idea. Honestly I would be willing to at least give it a shot if I did meet a girl who had a kid. It's just that there is so much that goes with having a kid that I'm not sure if I could do it or not. Even a simple task like going to the store is more complicated cause you have to put your kids shoes on and then buckle the child up in the car and change diapers. etc. Girls, what would you say if you told a guy you had a kid and he said he would be willing to give it a try and see how it goes? Would a guy with limited experience with small children put you off? Honestly right now im trying to work on getting my business back on its feet after almost shutting it down to work a different job only to go back to it after a year so I really am limited in the spare time department. I just like to be upfront and honest to the girl so she doesn't think i'm just another guy who's going to leave her cause she has a kid when really i'm just willing to give it a shot and she what happens.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 31 (can't figure out how to correct age on profile). I would date a guy with a couple of kids but it does help that men don't usually have custody which is a plus but if he did have custody I would still consider.

That said the first and most important thing is to really spend sometime getting to know each other one on one and seeing where things are going to go before bringing the kid into the picture.

As long as you are passed your party days and want kids down the road I think you'll find that you fall in love with that little girl pretty quick. And then all that other stuff is less of a chore because she is adorable and you like spending time with her. Babies are hard but 4 is such a good age.

The hard part of dating someone with a kid is that you are not their first priority. Dates will be cancelled, kids get sick, she can't go on long trips and there may be Daddy drama from time to time. Get to know each other and figure out if you can deal with these realities before playing house.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't date people with baggage.

Having kids is an immediate deal breaker. I don't have any, don't want any of my own and especially don't want somebody else's.

• A lot of responsibility comes with taking care of a kid. That doesn't mean you can't do it, but you have to be prepared. If things didn't work out or you couldn't handle it, not only would you be leaving the woman but you would also be leaving the child. The longer you are with the woman the harder it will be for the kid to accept your absence if it doesn't work out. So, in that sense you have to be cautious. But, if you feel that you can take on the responsibility, then go for it. However, make sure that the woman knows you have a lot on your plate right now so that in certain situations you won't to appear unreliable, especially when it comes to taking care of her child. You have to remember that while she may like you or even love you in the long run, her child comes first and she will want to be able to trust you when it comes to taking care of them.

• Honestly kids just fit in with your family. It seems incredibly insinuating but it just works. I can't really explain it. I would take it really really slow though.

• I wouldn't date anyone with a kid. Because I want my own. But, if I did have a kid and another guy was willing to try it. I'd let him try it, it doesn't matter if he's experienced I can teach him.

• I'll just say YOLO who know and maybe she will ended up being the love of your life and just because of a kid you let it go... I'll say give her and give you a chance of experience but don't show fake love to the little girl is not her fault she was brought up into the world