Why do people think that the term "boo" is cute?

I really cannot fathom how anyone can possibly see anything cute in calling someone boo. "Hey boo". "I love you boo". That doesn't even make sense! It sounds fucking stupid, not cute!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hoenstly I don't know.. I usually yell that out whenI want to scare someone. XD

What Girls Said 11

• I definitely don't find it to be cute. I'll only say that to my boyfriend because recently, knowing I find it incredibly irritating, has taken to referring to me as 'bae' whenever possible. I call him 'boo' purely to get back at him haha.
    So yeah, sounds pretty silly indeed.

• I don't know. Same reasons people think that terms like: "baby", "bae", "honey", "sweet cheeks" or whatever are cute.
    As for me... I never saw the appeal.

• Just because YOU don't think it's cute does not mean that it simply isn't and everyone should accept it. The people who use it like it and they are free to use it. End point.

#commonsense

• Yup, it's stupid. I don't get it. I think it could be a cute name for a little puppy or something though. But you know what's worse? "Bae". Like when people say "you're so bae." What the hell.

• Lol I don't know some people like pet names some don't.. personally I think it would be weird if I call my boyfriend by his first name instead of nickname or something

• its not. I have no idea. That's what my friend calls her cat.

• what's that mean though? is it like "you" or "sweetie"?

• Probably, but if it does I don't know why the people who say it don't just say what they're replacing.

• I completely agree. It's the biggest turn off. Whyyyyyyy is it even a thing

• I agree! The only time i use the term " boo" is when i play hide n seek behind a blanket with a baby to make him/ her giggle

• 2|0
  • It's just a popular saying.

What Guys Said 7

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...om-add-text%202_1.gif They say BOO you say YOU then leave LOL

• Boo?

You mean the miniature giant space hamster?

whec-assets-live.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...795f1.jpg

• I first time hearing this word.
    Really its nonsense and rude.

• Most Boyfriend/Girlfriend sound fucking stupid... But you deal with it because you're girl likes it...

• I dated one girl who called me that. I asked her not to and she doing it so I dumped her. Now I never date girls who call me that.

• I'm nothing like that. I'm an advocate for equality and freedom in a relationship, but I absolutely despise pet names, and I told her that. I don't mind casual references like "dude" or or perhaps another term of endearment, but I cannot stand pet names. I never have and never will. I respect the wishes of my girlfriends so I expect same kind of respect to be returned. Using the excuse "she's being a girl" is not a valid argument to support her decision not show respect for my wish not to be called boo.

It might seem like I'm nitpicking, but it all goes back to respect for me. Respect is a huge thing for me in relationships. As I said, I don't mind most casual nicknames, but to blatantly disregard my one wish, when she knows how I feel, is just apallingly disrespectful, and that was a dealbreaker.

It's all about respect and courtesy.

• Whatever brokowski, Good luck on your pursuit of happiness... take care.

• Because a lot of people are idiots.

• It's exactly the same as baby or pretty much any other pet name.

• I find I too creepy lol