Why do women always get descriminated for their dating preferences?

not to be a feminist white knight or anything, but i always notice that women always get descriminated or stereotyped for having dating preferences yet we men always get away with it clean.

for example, when a man who's not black only dates black women they say he has the "jungle fever". but a woman in the other hand who isn't black and only dates black men will always get labelled negatively such as a "mudshark", "coal burner", etc.

anyways i dont know why but to me it seems like society stereotypes women in situation like these, but when it comes to us men it just views it as a "natural instinct" we have within us. but what's so hard to analyzed that women have these instincts too?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hear you. I actually sat back and thought about it. Besides the lingering patriarchy and womens position in society I thought that it's because some women often deny or downplay their preference instead of owning up to it. "i like tall/rich/(insert preference) guy, BUT personality is the most important" sounds like someone trying to apologize for what they like and give (unpurposefully) hope where there is none. Similar to the "Where are the good/nice guys at". Some women just aren't honest. I think that the more women own their preferences the less descrimination there will be

What Girls Said 1

• I just don't understand why people need to label it just because they are people of different races dating each other like Get over it!!! We are all human with vaginas and penises

What Guys Said 4

• It's due to psychology. The notion that women don't know what they want and that they should be told or advised what to do is so engraved in our subconscious mind that a woman doing something out of the norm is seen as worse than a man doing the same thing, since men are 'free spirited' and 'they know what they are doing'.

This is going to take multiple generations to undo.

• same way they get shit for the same sexual activity as their male counterparts. It's total BS. Big difference between being racist and having a preference though. I don't have a preference for Asian women. Yet wouldn't mind if my kid was half Asian. I don't have a problem with Asians. Some peoples "preference" takes a nasty turn when you ask them that hypothetical.

• I think it goes both ways. Its like how white guys who only dates Asian girls get called having yellow fever. I don't think that has positive connotations either.

• That's not discriminating at all if you think about it. But if it was it sure doesn't sound as bad as "mudshark", "coal burner" etc

• I don't see it.