Am I in the "friend zone"?

I went out with this dude last night whom I met online. We just met up for coffee. I thought it was going well until he walked to my car and said I should "hit him up" if I do something this weekend. Huh? Then tonight he texted me and said he was going to the bars with his buddy and asked if I wanted to come. I'm confused: am I a bro now?

Most Helpful Guy

• No not necessarily. Could be his way of getting to see you even though he has plans with his buddies. Go for it and see how it goes.

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes guys will try to play it cool and do the "I'm doing X. Want to come along?" thing as a way to ask her to spend time with him without making it sound super serious.

I'd consider going to one more thing with him, be just a tiny bit flirty, and see how he treats you in response. That should give you a better answer.

(Also, by "online," do you mean an online dating site?)

• yes he's consindering u a friend... is it bad?

• Well I was interested in more than that. It's not bad. I would rather not waste my time is all.

• Yes, I think you are friend-zoned.

• He's timid. You either gave him mixed signals and he's wondering the same thing or this is his way of asking you out without risking outright rejection

Too early to tell but I do not think you are in the friend zonej

What Girls Said 2

• If you've only just met maybe he was just as confused. Did yiu give off friend signals?

He asked to hang out I would think that means something or he wouldn't have asked.

• You're not stuck in some silly little "zone": he just doesn't want you romantically. Get over it and move forward instead of lying to yourself about being stuck in a zone when someone just does not want you romantically or sexually.