Is it really possible for a girl to be single forever?

I think I might be single forever. Is it really possible for a girl to be single forever?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know women in their 50s who never got married. Due to situations, ailing parents when they were younger etc. Yes, its possible. People try to make you feel better saying you haven't met the right one or give it time bit statics show there are single people who didn't actually choose to be single. Its not fair but honestly... Being that women out number men and all. Its no wonder. I feel it too. I'm 31 and still single, no bf and never managed to get one. I will prob end up there too.

What Guys Said 61

• Oh yes. I used to do a lot of online dating and I can tell you girls on there are so picky and have insanely materialistic "standards" listed right on their profiles that outright tell people not to contact them if they don't fit this insanely large list of demands. While they give everyone all these reasons not to contact them ironically they don't give them any reasons to contact them.

After losing interest in those sites I decided a long time later just to browse out of boredom. Same profiles still there and "active." These girls are all crying claiming there's "no good men left" yet they have restricted themselves to basically no one. People hear all the time that girls can get 30-50 messages a day. Getting that many messages yet still being online years later says a lot.

• um thats only the hot girls that get 50 messages a day. Not normal girls. I dont have an extremely high standard.

• yeah exactly, i was talking about ordinary girls that don't have a really high standard. they can still be single.

• I see them getting picked before the hot girls nowadays. We have many complaints from them now about how they go after "average" girls.

• if she CHOOSES 2 be single... then yeah basically

• um i don't choose to be single. guys aren't interested in me.

• @asker maybe you are just interested in the wrong guys. Try finding someone that shares your hobbies.

• no guy at all is interested in me, regardless if im interested in him or not.

• Of course it is possible. It depends on how high her standards are, how much effort she puts into building a relationship, and how much effort she puts into improving herself so that others will want to date her.

• If guys aren't approaching you, you can do things to help fix that.

1. Make sure you're attractive. Are you in good shape physically, long hair? An extra tip, wear things like yellow, orange, red.

2. Make sure you're places where guys are. School, club, bars, cafes.

3. Show interest. Make eye contact, smile, wink.

4. Be willing to make a move and risk rejection. We guys get rejected by most of the girls we approach, getting rejected won't kill you. Even most skilled players won't get a 50% success rate.

• No, because at some point she will die.

• Yes, it's possible for men and women to be single forever due to a number of reasons. They may choose to be single. They may not put themselves out there enough. They may be too unattractive and unwilling to be with an unattractive partner.

However, these are rarities. I find most people who believe they are single forever are that way because they believe themselves to be to unappealing, yet very often they are wrong.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; someone is bound to be attracted to you no matter what you look like, how much you weigh, etc... Keep your chin up, you're still too young to give up. You'll only end up being single if you believe you're going to end up single, give up, and shield yourself from the world.

• If she wants to be, and the longer you go without looking for a relationshup the more likely to end up single.

By the way, welcome to the singles club... I just started it right now. Basically you can only have had one or zero partners through your whole life and have broken up with them

• Unless you choose to be single forever, you won't be single forever. Eventually, if you don't attract the people you want, you will either have to improve yourself to attract those people, or lower your standards, and focus on attracting other people.

• Yes, it is possible if you don't fight for getting a boyfriend.

• If you want to be then yes, otherwise, unlikely. Do you want ot be single forever?

• No i dont want to but guys aren't interested in me so i think i will be...

• Of course it's possible, in fact it's going to happen for most women. The population of women in the world is roughly 4 billion, the men are about 3 billion. So even if every single man got married to a woman, there would still be 1 billion women who would be single.

• Nothing is forever. If things aren't happening, mix it up, get out there and try to meet new people. Even if it involves doing things outside your normal comfort zone or something different. You never know where you'll meet someone.

Get offline, go outside, try something new once in a while.
    You could even try starting a conversation with a guy.

Just going up to him and saying 'hey' isn't really ideal.
    You would be better off if you are both at a place where there is something to talk about.

Whether that's an art gallery or some kind of activity/event, it will be a lot better than 'come here often' type of approach.

There's someone for everyone, you just have to find them.

• If she looks like quasimodo:

img4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Clipquasi21.gif

But... no... most women can find a guy.

• Here I am your new boyfriend to the rescue 😝

• Yeah it's totally possible that you will be single for the rest of your life.

• You are young. And fortunately, being proactive solves a lot of problems. If you really put yourself out there, you'll find someone ;)

• putting myself out there means what?

• yeah i do all that except start conversations with guys. I feel if he is interested he will approach me. Like guys approach my friends.

• Experiment a bit with how you dress. Experiment with your body language. You might be coming off as unapproachable. Get some input from your friends about what they do, then give it a try. Let it be a creative thing for you, figuring out what gets people to talk or not. Think about the direction your body is facing, how many people are in your group. Brainstorm.

Often times, making eye contact and smiling is enough. And even if guys aren't approaching you, that doesn't mean he isn't interested. Don't be afraid to be the one to approach, there's nothing wrong with it (and remember: the person who approaches gets rejected more often--that's just the nature of approaching. So don't judge yourself on a rejection--even the most ideally beautiful person you can imagine gets rejected).

• Of course it's possible. It's happened. People are going to try to find the most pleasant person they can and if you aren't pleasant then there's a chance you will get passed over. Such is life.

• Anything is possible, that certainly is not out of the question.
    Results usually come from putting effort into something, they don't appear out of thin air, it sucks, I know :(

• Really? How can you even entertain the thought of being single "forever" when you only have evidence that you will be single until you are 20? years old? You are so young. I don't understand this thinking at all.

• If something doesn't break the laws of physics yes it's possible... why wouldn't it be possible ask yourself that...

• i don't think so

you said no guy is interested in you..
    are you good looking, do you go out and see people..

• hahah no.. there's always at least 1 person out there for everyone. he'll find you, trust me ;)

• Yes. You don't need to define yourself by a significant other. Just be yourself and enjoy life. If someone wants to enjoy it with you, all the better. Good luck, sister.

• No. Not ever. Men outnumbered wonen so u have plenty to choose from ;3

• Women generally have it easier than men, unless she chooses to be forever single, it's basically impossible for her to not find someone.

• thats not true...

• you never said extremely unlikely you said impossible. And again you said almost all, there's plenty of people who never find someone. Men and women. So unless you've asked every single woman in the world then you can't say that they all 'find someone'.

• Basically impossible is what I said, not absolutely impossible.

• Im a guy and i feel like im gonna be single forever apparently i dont have enough swag of style to get a girlfriend

• If she doesn't shave her legs and has snakes for pets, then YES

• Well yes, of course.

• Go live in San Jose, CA. I heard it's called Man Jose because of how many tech guys live there. You'll find yourself a rich thirsty man.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 25

• It's unlikely, but even if you choose to be single, there is something to be said about embracing your independence. Read "On My Own: The Art of Being a Woman Alone" by Florence Falk.
    www.amazon.ca/On-My-Own-Being-Woman/dp/1400098114

I had a terrible time in my late-teens, early twenties thinking that I might just be on my own forever because I had certain things going on with me that prevented me from finding a relationship. When I did date, I didn't feel like dating and wondered why I was putting myself through it. It was almost like doing something because it was expected. I wondered if I was going to meet a man who was really going to do it for me. I wanted sex, but I didn't want desperation or someone taking advantage of me. I was scared that I wouldn't know if I was getting duped and it would be too late.

I also knew at a young age I would never want children. Not to birth OR adopt. I wasn't even fussy about becoming a step-mom to my future partner's child. I was very much feeling defeated that what lies ahead would be disappointment because I wouldn't have any relationship based on what I wanted, and it would be everything my partner would want. I felt like nothing was fair. I didn't know how to make things fair.

Anyway, there was a lot to learn as I just kept going about my life and took in experiences and learned from them. I didn't get married until just recently and I'm 40 now.

I guess after all I've said, my question for you is: What is bothering you?

• Yes i would say.
    Some people remain single because they make this choice.
    I believe there are some who wanted to be attached but luck just not on their side and they keep having their hearts broken..

• Yes, if you don't do anything about your situation it will never change.

• I suppose if they decide to never date or just never try to date. It all depends on whether you're ready yet or even mature enough.

• God, I hope not, then that makes me feel uncomfortable being single right now, I think optimism is the best way to handle this pressure.

• No. Technically we're all mortal so forever itself is void.

You're only young, you've got your entire life ahead of you, there is no way you'll be single for the entirety of it. I can guarantee.

• Yes it's possible.

• No you are still young
    Don't give up or think that
    A lot of guys in this world you haven't even met yet, so don't think that.

• Girl I feel the same way! I've never han a boyfriend either. You'll find that one eventually don't get discouraged by it!!:)

• Single as in never married? Just asking because I know some people have different definitions of being single.

• single as in never had boyfriend.

• going out to clubs etc, just going out with friends in general.

• Okay well consult your friends. Ask one or the one who already has a boyfriend to be your wing woman when you go out next time. Also try different clubs and venues.

• Yes it's possible if you just aren't surrounding yourself with like minded individuals.

• I don't know, I think sometimes, I will be an old crazy cat lady

• Yes it's possible but it's not likely if you're social.

• It is possible. But it's often more by choice than it actually being a girl not being 'chosen'. It also depends how choosy the girl is too. But on the whole it's not very common.

• It's possible but very unlikely

• yeah they're called nuns

• I think it is. I know i will be. Some people are just meant to be alone forever.

• Yes! I'm staying single forever :)

• yes it prolly is but my mom always told me that someday i will find a guy who loves me and treats me right it might take time but i believe in that guy

• If she never wants a boyfriend or husband, but if you want it you can have it. It just might take some time to find the right person :)

• I don't think so.

• It takes time It really does ever one has some ne out there and when u fine him it's amazing but only if he likes u back its when its amazing , it's not that no guy likes u , his just not the right guy

• No I don't think so, Not forever, people will choose a way to die early in life to avoid being old age and single forever.

• Of course! And I love it ! Being a hot black ass woman and stealing all the men from the white gals!

• Yes, it's possible