What are some good college student first date ideas?

There's a nice coffee place nearby, but that's my last resort. I feel like coffee dates are super cheesy and more for middle-aged people (no offense). Any other ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a place where you can get to know the person. So maybe not a movie or crowded bar. Maybe take your date to a place that you personally enjoy or you visit often to relax in your down time. If you enjoy it they probably will too and they'll get to know you better cause its a place you frequent or like. Your date will also probably be flattered that you were willing to show them a little piece of yourself by taking them there.

What Girls Said 3

• College students... find activities from your school like poetry slam, spoken word, battle of the bands, art shows etc. The coffee place doesn't sound like a bad idea. You've got this :D

• I take offense to that! I love coffee dates!
    But anyway, find out when local bands are playing and check them out.
    See what campus activities are coming up.
    Putt-putt golfing.
    Go karting.
    Arcade.
    Feed ducks at a pond.

• Arcade, gallery, museum, putt putt, get fancy dessert, bowling, walk in a park, movie, concert, book store

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say... Do some public pranks.

• If you go to a university there's usually a lot of activities going throughout campus. Like today at my school there was a asain dance performance called cultural vogue. Something like that would have been a really good place to bring a girl to.

• Ice skating, perfect excuse to hold hands and hold onto each other.
    Classic trip to the movies... meh