I'm a young fit and good looking guy should I be ready to date again?

I go to the GYM every day, I love to learn cooking I am going for my degree of fire science and paramedics. I absolutely love the ocean and always find happiness in making people laugh and be comfortable around me. About a year ago I went through a very traumatic experience losing my circle of friends hobbies, a long term girlfriend and ultimatly my trust for most all the people close to me and my dog died... i know we can't all rely on each other all the time as people, sometimes things arn't meant to be. Over ths past year I've come out of a suicidal slump, began new friendships, moved to another state 3000 miles away and began a new life. I have been mulling over the ideals of having a girlfriend, I have tried friends with benefits thing but it makes me feel hollow inside. Ultimately I want to know if I can be ready to take another go at this relationship thing or travel and work on myself.. what should i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• ask yourself, are you happy with yourself? being with yourself? who you are? if yes then you're ready.

• Good advice as always. Suggestion for the motorcycle get one of those tags that say "remove before flight" Personally it always makes a bike look good but that's me.

• yeah they have black, white, yellow, possibly other colors.

those tags are used for air plane appliances and controls so certain keys had certain tags for flight controls. some definitely needed to be removed, hence the "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" and some needed to be inserted before flight, hence the "INSERT BEFORE FLIGHT" in order to properly take flight.

• No need to worry i understand the remove before flight. Hmm need to get new ones then, I had red but they were lost when I moved so time to get a new cycle as well, the FUN part!

What Girls Said 2

• In all honesty it completely depends on you and the girl. In my opinion. Don't look too hard. The greatest things come when you're least expecting it. Let it happen, because it will. When it does, that's when you have the choice to let her in or not. You said your last relationship was a bit of a burden, remember not all girls come off that way. You may end up finding the one you need more than she needs you. You seem like you've gotten your life back on track and are ready physically, but it's all about how you are emotionally. So just decide for yourself and choose whichever option is best when it's presented to you (:

• The girl wasn't so much a burden in the sense she wanted to be with me 24/7 I would rather a girl like to do stuff together and have a romance where mutual love is shared. A real 70%...30% relationship always pushing her agenda, to me it was beautiful and unfortunate my ex was pushed out of my life simply because
      1) She was the closest person in my life at the time
      2) She was also very controlling and took me for granted.

• Awww I'm so sorry these things have happened to you. I think you will know when your ready to start dating though. But to be honest it sounds like you are.

What Guys Said 3

• I went through something similar to you a few years back. Most important thing in life is having a solid social backbone first. I. e. a good network of friends. This I think is absolutely crucial, girlfriend can come after. If you free ready then go for it, otherwise continue to work on yourself.

• That's something you need to decide for yourself. Are you ready to take another stab at love?

• I'm going to be honest the other relationship was a real heavy burden and I am concerned the next may be as well.

• Yeah you are ready lol