Guys, Why do I attract men who like to be in serious relationships and than one or two years down the road=break up?

I've heard everything from I'm not ready, I met someone else, to you are too dominant and opinionated for me to see myself with you.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep looking. And incidentally, "opinionated" is code word meaning a close minded person who thinks they're always right.

You may be. Who knows. In that case, find smarter guys to date.

• I re read my opinion. Not trying to be mean. I've been called that too.

• Yeah I hear you! I will aggressively argue my points and sometimes I get carried away and try to just "be right" sometimes even when I really have lost the argument. Lol

Thanks for MHO

• Lol I jokingly say I never lose an argument because I don't argue about something I can't back up. But i can admit when I am wrong on those rare occasions

What Guys Said 6

• It's hard to say for sure, also try not to dwell on it too much. It's better to just be yourself rather than try to change who you are. Make sure your easy to be around. People want to come home and relax, not argue 24/7.

• You sir are pretty solid. I just get a lot of guys who challenge me. Like is that normal. Not mater of they are older or my age they literally challenge me all the time! So than that Turns into an argument. I like spice n flair in my life but I don't like men who poke the sleeping bear so to speak

• Oh I guess I don't stereotype or gender role though. relationships n love take sacrifice n compromise. But I wouldn't ever agree that things should b one sided. I know how to do all those things you listed and well. But if anything ya ask my opinion so if can seem like it's a team effort ( in reference to what you are saying) in dating I'm just looking for someone who can appreciate who I am as a person embrace but than also remain themselves. Don't become a tyrant because I have a strong personality. But I can't don't weak n meek n be with someone who lets me control everything. It's a delicate balance

• @itsjustkeyitsme "But if anything ya ask my opinion so if can seem like it's a team effort ( in reference to what you are saying" I got a similar sentence from my ex wife one time. Even if it was something that she had no interest in, she just wanted to feel part of the decision making process. It wasn't even for anything major, I think I was shopping for auto insurance or something. Her only requirement for a home was to have an upstairs and a downstairs, and enough bedrooms. But yeah, that just falls under the communication aspect. Different people want different things, you'll find a compatible guy out there.

• maybe u did sth that pissed them off?

• I wouldn't know what. That would call wasting a year to two year relationship. And I mean I try n express my feelings... they don't want to hand that same consideration over?

• You try to tell them what to do. End of story.

• Being dominant and able to support myself and take care of myself makes me bossy? I don't go around trying to b there mother. But I've dated quite a few guys that seem to be able to appreciate I have everything together n than it seems they get threatened

• No guy is threatened by you paying your own bills. They're just not going to put up with your shit, which it's obvious you shovel.

• Quit getting bossy. That way they dont find someone else and leave you.

• That must b why it doesn't work out because I seemingly attract men that I think from what they tell me, have their crap together and are moving their lives forward and than when it gets more serious I find out that it's all a lie and not true. Nothing to do with being bossy. But sometimes I feel (and this could be judgemental) like the man I date and spend extended amount of time with should be able to do more than me at 22. I always date older than (23-28) and though that's still young I'm at a diff point. I don't party or go clubbing. Not boring just I don't need to live that lifestyle.

• How many men is this?

• Why would they be looking for serious relationships right out of the bat, that would scare me if a girl wanted that... you have to play it by ear. Go with the flow, ya know?

• I didn't say right out the bat but I was raised with the thought you date with a purpose. Not date to mess around. It has nothing to do with going on the first date and saying ok let's be in a serious relationship.