Is it wrong to date someone just to improve your self esteem?

I want to date someone that will love me and tell me things to make me feel good. Maybe also cuddle with me and other stuff to. I would treat them good give them compliments and love them. But does dating them for this reason still make it wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• If the #1 reason is to make yourself feel better... Horrible based relationship. Just horrible. This is what friends are for. It's a different story if you are already in a healthy and happy in love relationship but you want your significant other to brung you up. But yeah don't do that to someone!

• But then how do I build my self esteem. If I've never felt like someone found me attractive where is my confidence supposed to come from. I feel confident about other stuff just not in my appeal to women.

• Dude i'm just telling you what i think, you asked. I don't think you should be with a girl because you want to feel better about yourself, period. Weather you are insecure or not. xD for the last time, i think it is attractive for a guy to already be confident in himself (physically or mentally) so when i complement him he feels better, but doesn't rely on it. Ya know? Aha you don't need to agree with me, it's just what i believe to be true. Especially with myself. It's too much work to be in a relationship that is supposed to make me happy, where i am constantly feeding a guy with complements and he still feels shit. Just me.

• That makes sense. I wouldn't need the compliment just knowing a person said yes to date I think would change my perspective on things thank you for being patient. I kinda feel you got a little annoyed but I totally understand why. I gotta try to work on my confidence and figure out how myself. It's not fair to whoever I'm with. Thanks again your advice helped.😁

What Girls Said 3

• Why don't you find a girl you really like? As long as it's an healthy relationship, you both will be improving your self esteem anyway. Just find someone you like and not someone to use for your own purposes.

• But don't I need confidence and better self esteem to date someone I like?

• Please don't do that. It is wrong. How come you can't boost your own self esteem?

• How would I know girls find me attractive unless I'm told by a girlfriend?

• If you're doing it just to have better self esteem then you're just using her. That's not cool. A relationship is genuine feelings and it to feel better yourself and maybe raise your social status with friends. You would else treating her like a dog almost. You can love them and take care of them and what not but that's not a true relationship. Totally wrong of you to date someone with your reasons

• Ok I just don't know how to boost my confidence. Having someone appreciate and love me I feel would help but I guess I need confidence to get that in a true meaningful way.

• That's true thank you. For now I guess I'll continue to focus on my hobbies and passions. I'd just really like someone to share all that with 😊

• Don't we all. Chin up ☺👍

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing wrong with this...

As long as u genuinely like her as well.

Otherwise that's just selfish and you're using people.

• Find a girl that you like and then date her

• Not at all. Just be honest with that person and more importantly, yourself.

• unfortunately girls can get away with this more than guys can, either it's a double standard or its just men and women are hard wired differently, as in it is okay for a woman to need or want a boyfriend, a relationship for validation, but not the other way around

• But what if she doesn't know. I'd make sure she is happy and loved but the true intention is for my benefit. I know it sounds bad but it's win win. I would only do this with someone I'd be loyal to and be somewhat attracted to

• I don't know, it seems most women have a 6th sense for this shit