Why can't a black girl be pretty?

I hate questions based in race but it's something I've been noticing quite a lot. I'm black and I'm proud of who I am I don't think I'm superior to other people from my race or inferior to people from other races. For me it's just that: a color of the skin.
I noticed that people since I was little always complemented me on my looks but they always made it very clear I was the exception and always implied I must have some mixed genes because I don't have the "typical face features". I always hear something like " I'm usually not attracted to black girls but.." Or " you are so pretty for a black girl" the funny thing is that I hear this from every kind of people black, white, male, females even a gay friend of mine told me something along these lines. It doesn't make me feel proud or happy hearing these thing instead of a simple " you are attractive"
so my question is why can't black girl be pretty? And why do white guys feel the need to emphasize to me I'm the exception

Most Helpful Guy

• Black girls that are attractive to me are the ones who don't blame their dark skin for all their problems in dating and relationships, which is why i tend to find African (specifically nigerian) black women more attractive than canadian/american ones because their self confidence, appreciation for themselves, and lack of thirstiness is especially attractive to me. Not all, but a good number of black women here have become way too insecure for my liking, and its difficult for me to be in the same room with someone who hates being black so much, and who needs the approval of non black so badly. So basically, its the mindset that is more unattractive to me than the way they look a lot of the time

What Guys Said 5

• because in this day and age people try not to be racist :D i am not really attracted to black people, nor Asians. it has nothing to do with them but with me. the same is with this. there is also currently social media pressure to be "ideal" which is you typical barbie doll!

black girls can be pretty, but the group that is attracted to black people is usually smaller

• If your pretty your pretty face has nothing to do with it. I've liked girls of all shapes sizes and colors.

• every girl is pretty and beautiful.. <3

she just need that eyes to see her.. <3

• They're just jealous we don't get sunburned. #haters

• cause its just the way it is no sense in asking why some people just don't prefer to be with a African American person some do its true for other races to you can't change how someone perceives beauty it sounds like you are trying to guilt trip or force people to liking what they don't

What Girls Said 3

• Huh... nice question I felt the same way I mixed my father is black Iranian and my mother is Colombian but I grew up feeling out place cause I didn't realize why people would not like me for being black and black kids wouldn't like me for not being fully black and wondering why people didn't like black people I'm proud also of who I am but it is 2015 and I get a lot of " you're for being black" what does that means? That black is ugly? We are all made in different colors and I came to the conclusion of just loving people no matter if they're black white or whatever I think we should just realize that we all have feeling and we are just humans.

• Black girls can be really pretty, I've seen some. You just have to take really good care of yourself.

• The need to seek validation from men on this site not only shows insecurity but an abundance of self hatred. This bullshit has to stop. Some guys don't like black women. I don't give a hoot. If they won't give you the time of day simply smile, act feminine and move on, "there loss" as people say. They ain't worth the toilet paper you wipe your ass with. You know what I'm doing? Focusing on my career, and making myself into a better person.